[1.0.12a] * Nitrous B-Team * - Taken Down

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A shame the world will have to be reset... I guess there was no other option?

I have one request though, would it be possible to transfer a space station our faction had to the new world?

I had a look in the game files, and in the worldname/data folder there's the "spacestation_#.dat". By using NBTExplorer you can read the owner of the spacestation. The space station data itself is saved in the worldname/DIM_SPACESTATION# folder. If you could copy both the dimension folder and the spacestation_#.dat of our faction (owner of the spacestation is thom90) that'd be amazing.

Just tested this method on two SSP worlds and it worked succesfully. ;)

(Note: we never had crashes caused by anyone of our faction, nor did the server ever crash because of us being at the spacestation)

One last thing: I'm willing to donate $10 to the server if you save our spacestation, perhaps that'll help :P

Edited by Pepernoot

Hi there

I have never really played Minecraft on server, only the casual LAN with some friends, so im next to clueless when it comes to how this factions and stuff actually works.

It seams to me like the amount of plugins you use, and the way things are runned, makes the server a place i would like to spend my free time exploring this new modpack. But since I dont know much about how things work technically, it would be nice with a few hints on what to do when joining the server, like joining a faction, where to go build and plan great schemes to beat the s*** out of the other faction (or w/e you guys do) and thing that should be taken into account like safezones etc.

Lolbobthelamer

Hi there

I have never really played Minecraft on server, only the casual LAN with some friends, so im next to clueless when it comes to how this factions and stuff actually works.

It seams to me like the amount of plugins you use, and the way things are runned, makes the server a place i would like to spend my free time exploring this new modpack. But since I dont know much about how things work technically, it would be nice with a few hints on what to do when joining the server, like joining a faction, where to go build and plan great schemes to beat the s*** out of the other faction (or w/e you guys do) and thing that should be taken into account like safezones etc.

Lolbobthelamer

All you have to worry about is joining or creating a faction and playing the game, plugins don't really affect the gameplay. There are no limits as long as you follow the rules. Type /help to view a list of commands that you can use.

I think it would be great having another world for PvE. This would be nice to have for the players (like me) that aren't that big in PvPing, and worrying about being raided/griefed. Perhaps have another server for it, if needed. I'm well aware that's there's servers like this, but honestly, I like playing on this one. There could be like a spawn in a seperate world from the worlds, letting the player choose if they want to go to the PvP or PvE server. Also, it would be nice having a public nether, end and tropicraft portal at spawn. 

I think it would be great having another world for PvE. This would be nice to have for the players (like me) that aren't that big in PvPing, and worrying about being raided/griefed. Perhaps have another server for it, if needed. I'm well aware that's there's servers like this, but honestly, I like playing on this one. There could be like a spawn in a seperate world from the worlds, letting the player choose if they want to go to the PvP or PvE server. Also, it would be nice having a public nether, end and tropicraft portal at spawn. 

The thing is that in the current setup of factions+griefing, it is possible to build a base that is literally impenetrable. This actually greatly annoys my friends and I, and if you could, GingerJonny, it would be much appreciated if you could reenable TNT. But, I know that that would never happen, so yeah.

And also, about the portals, that just makes the game TOO easy. Why make your own portals when you can warp to spawn to use the public ones?

Edited by Ignisfactorum

The thing is that in the current setup of factions+griefing, it is possible to build a base that is literally impenetrable. This actually greatly annoys my friends and I, and if you could, GingerJonny, it would be much appreciated if you could reenable TNT. But, I know that that would never happen, so yeah.

And also, about the portals, that just makes the game TOO easy. Why make your own portals when you can warp to spawn to use the public ones?

Well, if there was a PvE world, then there would be a good reason to enable TNT again. That way, everyone's happy. PvPer's can raid and grief properly, and the PvEer's can go build and not worry about any of that.

Well, if there was portals, they'd be used a lot, running the resources out pretty quickly. So, your own portals would still be very useful. But I don't really mind about the portal part, it would just be a nice thing to have. I know it would make things easier, but it's something that you don't need to use if you don't want to.