When will hexxit be updated to 1.6.4

Braden45661

• Moderators

Some mods in Hexxit arent updated to MC 1.6.4, there's nothing that Technic can do since that is mod devs area.

If you know java you are very welcomed to update all mods

Please read the >Forum rules, asking for ETA's isn't allowed and is tiresome for the Technic staff.

I just the other day started putting together what is essentially hexxit for 1.6.4.

Roughly 85% of the mods in Hexxit HAVE been updated for 1.6.4. The major ones that have NOT are Asgard shields, more bows, xeno's reliquary, legendary gear, harken scythe and of course the hexxit gear itself. I've found an awesome mod that adds crossbows that is a nice alternative to the more bows mod. I haven't found anything yet to stand in for the others. On the official page for legendary gear the author states that he is not going to update the mod for 1.6.x and was waiting for 1.8 or later. Rotten flesh to leather also has not updated for 1.6.4 but there are TONS of mods that do the same thing and it was pretty easy to find an alternative. The custom lan ports mod has also not updated for 1.6.4 but that doesn't really affect anything gameplay wise.

The biggest problem so far is just getting the better dungeons mod configured right. When I first installed the mod I didn't even think it was working cause I was flying around in creative and not seeing any dungeons. Somehow the dungeon generation is different from 1.5.2 to 1.6.4. Even with all the same biome settings and spawn frequency settings of hexxit dungeons just feel REALLY sparse so I'm having to tweak a bunch of config files.

I just the other day started putting together what is essentially hexxit for 1.6.4.

Roughly 85% of the mods in Hexxit HAVE been updated for 1.6.4. The major ones that have NOT are Asgard shields, more bows, xeno's reliquary, legendary gear, harken scythe and of course the hexxit gear itself. I've found an awesome mod that adds crossbows that is a nice alternative to the more bows mod. I haven't found anything yet to stand in for the others. On the official page for legendary gear the author states that he is not going to update the mod for 1.6.x and was waiting for 1.8 or later. Rotten flesh to leather also has not updated for 1.6.4 but there are TONS of mods that do the same thing and it was pretty easy to find an alternative. The custom lan ports mod has also not updated for 1.6.4 but that doesn't really affect anything gameplay wise.

The biggest problem so far is just getting the better dungeons mod configured right. When I first installed the mod I didn't even think it was working cause I was flying around in creative and not seeing any dungeons. Somehow the dungeon generation is different from 1.5.2 to 1.6.4. Even with all the same biome settings and spawn frequency settings of hexxit dungeons just feel REALLY sparse so I'm having to tweak a bunch of config files.

Those mods that are not updated (yet) for 1.6.4 are imo the mods that add important flavour to Hexxit. They basically create most of the interesting loot for the dungeons.

As for Better Dungeons mod. The configs are a lot of work if you want items from mod to show up in chests and for dungeons to spawn in mod biomes. With default config you will only find them in vanilla biomes, generating vanilla loot. So to get it right, you first have to decide in which biomes you want certain dungeons types to spawn and then add them to the configs (DungeonConfig directory). Then for the items from mods you want to see spawned in dungeon chests. You have to find their id's first. You can use NEI to dump an idlist and then add them to the configs (ChestConfig). You have to check other dungeons/ruins mods for this too. Some have built in support for the better known biomes mods though. I know that Ruins mod has built in support for ExtraBiomesXL and BiomesOPlenty.

One advantage you have is that an annoying config bug has been fixed in the 1.6.4 better dungeons version. In the mc 1.5.2 versions (and Hexxit) not all listed biomes are registered in the config. So some biomes refuse to spawn Better Dungeons structures.

Those mods that are not updated (yet) for 1.6.4 are imo the mods that add important flavour to Hexxit. They basically create most of the interesting loot for the dungeons.

As for Better Dungeons mod. The configs are a lot of work if you want items from mod to show up in chests and for dungeons to spawn in mod biomes. With default config you will only find them in vanilla biomes, generating vanilla loot. So to get it right, you first have to decide in which biomes you want certain dungeons types to spawn and then add them to the configs (DungeonConfig directory). Then for the items from mods you want to see spawned in dungeon chests. You have to find their id's first. You can use NEI to dump an idlist and then add them to the configs (ChestConfig). You have to check other dungeons/ruins mods for this too. Some have built in support for the better known biomes mods though. I know that Ruins mod has built in support for ExtraBiomesXL and BiomesOPlenty.

One advantage you have is that an annoying config bug has been fixed in the 1.6.4 better dungeons version. In the mc 1.5.2 versions (and Hexxit) not all listed biomes are registered in the config. So some biomes refuse to spawn Better Dungeons structures.

Well, over in the other thread about updating hexxit to 1.6.4 I actually found two of the big mods that I couldn't find before so I'm about to add those, but the pack is put together now and working. I figured out the config for spawning dungeons in other biomes and have that set. I just have to get the config down for how often they spawn to where the spawn rate feels right and not like there's too many dungeons or too little dungeons. I haven't touched the loot config cause thats a TON of work. It's not so bad in dungeons but battle towers loot sucks.