Chisel tool not working right

EnderMorphed

After the most recent update, I logged onto my single-player world and I found that some of the options in the chisel tool were showing as stone bricks rather than the actual chisel blocks, I can go into creative and spawn them in that way, but I can't get it in survival using the tool.b0bdlxE.png

in the launcher, next to 'attack of the b team' graphic on the left, there's a little cog.

click on that, click on 'reset mod pack', and then click on 'play mod pack' after closing it.

that will reset the pack to the newest approved version.

hint: some problems can also be resolved by clicking on the cog on the top right, and changing 'memory' to '2gb'

Edited by Brigadon

*Scratches head*

It's either completely unique to your computer or you modded the screenshot just to screw with us. I cannot reproduce it for the life of me :P

what java version are you using? do you have any weird java stuff installed? How much memory/how old is your comp?

I have the same options as the OP when I place Stone [1] in the chisel, but when I type "chisel" in the NEI search bar no stone options come up like they do for dirt and cobble.  However if you use Cobblestone [4] I get a complete set of chisel options and I can see those options when I type in "chisel" in the NEI search.

Are there suppose to be Stone [1] options for Chisel?

Edited by AstralFire

yeah, they definitely exist -  I use them all the time. 

Perhaps if people could put up some basic info about how much RAM their client is set to, their JRE version, graphics settings, and any additional mods they have installed/disabled, we might find the common link.

RAM: 4GB

JRE: 7 update 45 - 64bit

Fancy, Adv. openGL on,

I have the Darwin mod disabled. I also have "disable overriding blocks"=true in the chisel config.

Any other relevant information I am missing?

Ram 2GB, Java 7 update 25 64bit, Fast graphics, and I have no mods added or disabled, I would like to point out that I had a floor of the large tile stone blocks laid down in a room before the update and now they're just stone bricks with the name "item.tile.stonebricksmooth.12.name" with an item id of 98:12. Also, I was wrong in my original post where I said I could spawn in the stone stuff, I was mistakenly looking at the cobblestone chisel stuff.

Edited by EnderMorphed

• 1 month later...

OK, maybe I did something wrong.   I decided I wanted to chisle a number of different blocks, so a I made a chisle with tinker table.   Head is slime, handle ardite for stonebound2.   When I right click on a block all I get is a eating sound.   Is that because the head is slime?    I googled around to find a answer, but no luck, so I'm posting here.

6 core cpu,  256mb nvidia, 8gb mem,   running Ubuntu 12.04 with Java 7.    No changes or additions to mod pack which was downloaded only a week or so ago.

Thx for any info!

Avoid necroing threads this old in the future.

For your issue, you're using the wrong chisel. There's three types of chisels. One from Tinkers' construct, one from the Chisel mod, and one from carpenters blocks. To get to the original topics post it was the chisel mod chisel that you are to use.