Modpack won't load with Optifine

Caravaneer546

I just want to chime in here as I have gotten this mod pack to work with both OptiFine as well as Shaders however I personally experienced some heavy lag spikes every once and a while as well as some odd glitching (It was dependent on what shaders I was using).

Basic thing you need to know in my experience was that any OptiFine version for 1.6.4 above C6 will not load properly. Again strictly speaking from my experience with it.

• 2 months later...

Um dont listen to halestoemXV

TOTALLY listen to Blacktooth!

it worked omg it worked! tekkit 1.6.4 with optifine! i havent been able to play in over a month due to updated ect, the link is good, it is trusted and does infact work!

optifine is loaded and working in my 1.6.4 FROM MODS FOLDER!! no opening and splicing or deleting meta-inf or anything! like omg its lovely.

optifinefml.7z download link (dropbox)

How to use
1. Make a copy of OptiFine_.jar file and rename to "[0000]_OptiFine_whatever yourssays.jar" (or other meaningful name) .
2. Open optifinefml.7z and [0000]_OptiFine_.jar in archive program (7-Zip or WinRAR or WinZip).(for 7zip, open 7zip then navigate to it, has issues opening directly if winrar takes over)
3. Copy files and folders inside optifinefml.7z to [0000]_OptiFine_.jar .
4. Close archive program.
5. Copy [0000]_OptiFine_whateveruput.jar to mods folder.
6. Make sure the original OptiFine_.jar is not also in mods folder.

ONLY WORKS with Optifine HD c4 or c5!!!

http://optifined.net/adloadx.php?f=OptiFine_1.6.4_HD_U_C4.jar

http://optifined.net/adloadx.php?f=OptiFine_1.6.4_HD_U_C5.jar

I used the above exactly and my tekkitmain 1.6.4 now loads perfectly fine with optifine!

[ btw i used c5 ]

Edited by Bunni1337

• Discord Moderator

(chases Bunni1337 around fixing faulty advice on necrotic posts)

For future searchers of fixes: Simply download the correct version of Optifine (OptiFine_1.6.4_HD_U_D1.jar) for 1.6.4 and drop it in your mods folder.

Edited by plowmanplow

• 7 months later...

(chases Bunni1337 around fixing faulty advice on necrotic posts)

For future searchers of fixes: Simply download the correct version of Optifine (OptiFine_1.6.4_HD_U_D1.jar) for 1.6.4 and drop it in your mods folder.

I've tried adding OptiFine_1.6.4_HD_U_D1 to my mods folder for Tekkit and it hasn't worked. Any suggestions?

FIXED - I downloaded it from the Optifine website rather than from the Minecraft forum link.

Edited by Mach2Infinity