Please have an update!

Hotleve

I have been using the Technic Launcher for quite a while(even when there was the old launcher). Now I know some mods aren't updated fully to 1.5 but I would like it there was a Pre-Release for version 1.5 for Tekkit Lite. Red power can be replaced with RedNet and RedNet is much better. In my opinion too, compactsolars mod should be replaced with advancedsolarpannels because I mean it makes more sense. First it takes 1 solar panel to make a advanced solar panel which is similar to the LV solar but more efficent. compact solars just makes space smaller, but I would like something different because 1 EU/T with a solar panel and 8EU/T with a LV solar and it takes 8 solar panels. That is just my opinion. I am just saying a Pre-Release would be nice. I would also like the GraviSuit mod because it is SO AWESOME! Lastly, TinkersConstruct would be nice.

Edited by Hotleve

It would be awesome if there are any other people out there who want to support this thread! I for one, do. I have been looking for a tekkit lite update forever. If more people reply to this thread, then we might get that! Come on guys! Let's push for tekkit lite 1.5 or higher!

I don't know if you noticed, but Tekkit for 1.5 has been available since May 4 of last year, and a 1.6 version was released 10 days ago.

Not exactly Tekkit Lite, but it's what you're going to get.

I don't know if you noticed, but Tekkit for 1.5 has been available since May 4 of last year, and a 1.6 version was released 10 days ago.

Not exactly Tekkit Lite, but it's what you're going to get.

So basically Tekkit Lite is frozen in its version like Tekkit Classic is? I would atleast just want the mods not a version update.

What you're asking for is pretty much what's already been given to you. Just about everything that was "lost" in the transition from 1.4.7 to 1.5.2, and now 1.6.4, has something that is either equivalent or better in the current Tekkit.

So basically Tekkit Lite is frozen in its version like Tekkit Classic is? I would atleast just want the mods not a version update.

Tekkit is Tekkit lite updated.

Really the only changes are the removal of IC2 (boring, dying) and RedPower 2 (not updated)

Tekkit 1.2.6 even has Redstone in Motion and Project Red, which together are RedPower except better.

Tekkit is Tekkit lite updated.

Really the only changes are the removal of IC2 (boring, dying) and RedPower 2 (not updated)

Tekkit 1.2.6 even has Redstone in Motion and Project Red, which together are RedPower except better.

I could say that the UE energy mechanic laggs out slower computers faster than the EU power system, but I digress.......

I could say that the UE energy mechanic laggs out slower computers faster than the EU power system, but I digress.......

I fail to see how this is relevant, since in its current state power in Tekkit is mostly based around Redstone Flux, not UE energy.

• 2 weeks later...

The only reason I want tekkit lite rather than tekkit, is because I greatly lag on tekkit and on tekkit lite that just doesn't happen. I think the reason for this is that tekkit lite has less mods, and if someone could do that for another version... But that's my own problem I guess. I should get 64 bit java?

Edited by Nick08142012

• Discord Moderator

The only reason I want tekkit lite rather than tekkit, is because I greatly lag on tekkit and on tekkit lite that just doesn't happen. I think the reason for this is that tekkit lite has less mods, and if someone could do that for another version... But that's my own problem I guess. I should get 64 bit java?

As the versions of MC advance they have more features and that almost always means more resources are required. As the versions of Forge/MCP advance there are many more features implemented and the API hooks/connections to go along with those features. All of that takes more resources. As the mods get more sophisticated they frequently take more resources, even with efficient mods like Thermal Expansion.

You run into the same thing on cell phones and computer operating systems. As the feature set grows, the resource requirements grow with them. That's why new software that was designed to run on modern hardware and operating systems tend to run poorly on old versions of those. Take your antivirus software as an example. The latest and greatest version is designed to provide many advanced features and on modern/current hardware it runs while using almost no system resources proportional to the system's capabilities. On old hardware/OSs it might take 10%+ of the computer's resources just to idly run the same software.

You wouldn't expect to have a good experience trying to run the latest version of Adobe's Master Suite on a 6 year old PC with mediocre specs. Why would Forge/MC be any different? It isn't, and that is what you are experiencing.

• 2 months later...

For all the people in this thread who wanted an update(as long as I have permission to do so)I can release an updated version of Tekkit Lite to 1.5.2. Remember though, certain mods have been abandoned or adopted into a new mod like Red Power into Project Red, and so on. If I have permission to release an updated version, I will try my best to keep everything at most the same.

For all the people in this thread who wanted an update(as long as I have permission to do so)I can release an updated version of Tekkit Lite to 1.5.2. Remember though, certain mods have been abandoned or adopted into a new mod like Red Power into Project Red, and so on. If I have permission to release an updated version, I will try my best to keep everything at most the same.

It would be very nice, if you could make an update of Tekkit Lite! :)

PS: Will that update include a newer version of the Steve's Carts 2 mod? 

Please do it, if it's possible! :)

Thank you very much

*signed name stolen by wild Squirtles! wearing sunglasses!!*

Edited by Munaus

• Discord Moderator

@Simsari: I have a 1.6.4 modpack that is essentially Tekkit Lite. Everything (with a couple notable exceptions) is just the original mods updated or switched to their spiritual successors.

JCLite: http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/details/jclite.349189

There is even a server pack there.

Note: You CANNOT updated your Tekkit Lite 1.4.7 world to work with this pack. Don't bother trying.

Edited by plowmanplow