Your server got lag spikes??? try this!

islands420

iv been tweeking java with java mission control to suit my system this is the start up script I have been running try it out and let me know how it works for you! feedback is key

STEP 1 BACKUP YOUR WORLDS im not responsible for any world errors back it up its easy!

java -Xmx3G -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:PermSize=128M -XX:MaxPermSize=256M -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=50 -XX:+UseLargePages -XX:LargePageSizeInBytes=4m -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:+UnlockCommercialFeatures -XX:+FlightRecorder -XX:ParallelGCThreads=1 -XX:ConcGCThreads=1 -XX:+UseAdaptiveGCBoundary -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:+TieredCompilation -XX:+UseCodeCacheFlushing -XX:-UseGCOverheadLimit -XX:+UseNUMA -jar BTeam.jar
pause

Note* Case Sensitive

it has solved most of my lag spikes issues

and yes G1GC is better than CMS ....... respose times are less when old gen GC dumps and runs stop the world

-XX:+UnlockCommericalFeatures -XX:+FlightRecorder are used for Java Mission Control and Are Not Needed

note**for systems that USE large pages, if yours does NOT remove -XX:+UseLargePages -XX:LargepageSizeInBytes=4m

Edited by islands420

It'd be really helpful if you went through what these do, why you picked them, and why you picked some of them together.

I don't understand why you'd have the GC threads limited (to boost stability at the cost of speed I guess) and have the aggressive optimization on (which uses typically unfinished optimization to speed things up at the cost of stability).  Using large pages would probably take some load off the CPU at the cost of loading it onto memory and more 'granularity' (not sure if that's the best word there) which likely would result in more memory use overall, so it'd be worth it on say, a laptop with a lot of RAM but a slow CPU (AFAIK it's not on by default except on MacOS and Solaris anyway, and neither of those are known for their speed - it's off by default in most linux distros and Windows).

TLDR; You have confused me with your particular selection of options, sir!  Please enlighten me as to your intent!

Those make more sense to me, if those GC tweaks are faster then it could be a faster and more stable setup (I'm not sure why they'd bother with so many GC tweaks if they weren't faster, so I strongly think that's the case).