powering machinery

crusaderkvw

hey guys, so i know have my quarry setup complete and its running just fine :D(just need some more itemducts because of the distance from quarry to base)

now my question is: what is the most effecient way to keep it fully powered at all times without having to check if the charcoal supply is ok??

setup an me network

connect deepStorageUnits with storage buses to your network (so you don't need to create the big cells in the beginning)

basic export buses can fill your steam dynamos with characoal and always keep one stack in it

my tip is, experiment with me in another creative world and when you get a feeling for this mod you can construct your own network on your server...

hey people, i set up a yellorium reactor powering a quarry and all my other stuf but now my question is this: i figured out how to upgrade the itemducts but i just don't understand it's GUI... could anyone explain this to me?? because i want to get all those items from the quarry into sepperate chest(cobble+dirt chest, ore chest etc.)

The Tekkit Wiki is woefully out of date and lacks most newer developments, like Thermal Expansion 3 (which is a major rework with substantial changes over TE2).

I already gave you the answer to the itemduct question. It is explained here. You can study most TE3 stuff on that wiki.

You want pneumatic servos to upgrade the itemduct links, which will allow you to set up whitelists or blacklists with up to 9 items. Remember that you need to click on the upgraded links with an empty hand to access the interface. Items placed on the lists will not be consumed, just "photographed" and remembered until you remove them again.

Edited by Curunir

hey people, i set up a yellorium reactor powering a quarry and all my other stuf but now my question is this: i figured out how to upgrade the itemducts but i just don't understand it's GUI... could anyone explain this to me?? because i want to get all those items from the quarry into sepperate chest(cobble+dirt chest, ore chest etc.)

The gui for itemducts is fairly easy. In your case you want to make sure thdy are on whitelist mode on the inputs dirrctly connected to your chests. In whitelist mode an input only accepts items you place in the inteface. Also one servo upgrades the entire block and each side is individually configured so you can have 4 or 5 chests connected to the same piece of duct and all set to accept different items.

Edited by rogueclon946

The Tekkit Wiki is woefully out of date and lacks most newer developments, like Thermal Expansion 3 (which is a major rework with substantial changes over TE2).

I already gave you the answer to the itemduct question. It is explained here. You can study most TE3 stuff on that wiki.

You want pneumatic servos to upgrade the itemduct links, which will allow you to set up whitelists or blacklists with up to 9 items. Remember that you need to click on the upgraded links with an empty hand to access the interface. Items placed on the lists will not be consumed, just "photographed" and remembered until you remove them again.

The gui for itemducts is fairly easy. In your case you want to make sure thdy are on whitelist mode on the inputs dirrctly connected to your chests. In whitelist mode an input only accepts items you place in the inteface. Also one servo upgrades the entire block and each side is individually configured so you can have 4 or 5 chests connected to the same piece of duct and all set to accept different items.

ohh wait a second haha. sorry guys, i am sooo stupid haha. didn't see the little storage in the Gui hahaha, so that's a problem solved :P. ohh and Curunir: i did look at that very page before actually :P just didn't see the item input box haha..... kinda explains why all the buttons didn't make any sense :P.

Thanks guys :D for all the info