The state of "Atomic Science" in Tekkit 1.2.7b...

jakalth

Oh, and to see how completely broken the mod is now, upgrade your fission reactor from a 3x3 too a 5x5 of turbines and water.  you'll get more then double to power output from the single fission reactor core.

that actually is rather normal. altough it might sound not so much larger then 3x3, 5x5 is actually more than 2 times as large(3x3=9 and 5x5=25) so the more then double power output could be quite correct

It is more then 3 times bigger since thermometer and fission reactor takes upp one block each.

3*3-2= 7

5*5-2=23

when the rods are upp you loose 2 more blocks of water.

3*3-4= 5

5*5-4=21

so when the rods are upp its slightly more then 4 times bigger.

Not worth going big turbines so smaller are better if I got it all right.

doing the math, large turbines produce about 4.3 times the power of a single small turbine.  But large turbines use 4.8 times the steam.  When placed over water, the steam usage is pointless and doesn't come into play.  So your just down to 4.3 times the power.  But since 1 large turbine is made from 9 small turbines, and 9 small turbines produce 9 times the power of a single small turbine.  then the 9 small turbines produce more then 2 times the power of the large turbine they are combined into.

In conlcusion: 9 small turbines is better then 1 large turbine.  aah... silly mathmatics...

Haven'nt gone throu all power couplings in the game. But redstone energy conduit bottleneck at 10k RF/tic and so does Resonant Energycell so I can't use those on a big turbine or I will lose alot of power. Is there anyone couplings that can handle a big turbine?

I "think" a tesseract can handle the input from a large turbine.  but outputting it on the other end needs to be done with at least 3 connections too the tesseract per large turbine inputting.

The tesseract would need to be directly connected too the turbine with no conduits.

Edited by jakalth

It is more then 3 times bigger since thermometer and fission reactor takes upp one block each.

3*3-2= 7

5*5-2=23

when the rods are upp you loose 2 more blocks of water.

3*3-4= 5

5*5-4=21

so when the rods are upp its slightly more then 4 times bigger.

Not worth going big turbines so smaller are better if I got it all right.

i am still a beginner with tekkit and thus i can not confimr what you stated here. but if that is indeed the case then the fission reactor would be indeed way better(or are we talking about the small turbines compared to large turbines???)

it's compairing the difference between having a fission reactor in a 3x3 pool of water vs having it in a 5x5 pool of water.  And, comparing between the control rods being down or being up.  The math stated is just comparing the number of water blocks not being replaced by parts of the reactor.  Hence the number of water blocks you could place a turbine over and receive steam from.

Hehe missread your earlier post and got it that one large is better then a small one directly over the water so I tested it and came upp with that a big one are just half as good as nine small ones. Then I read your post again and saw that it was just that you said. :P

Bah, I should have jumped on atomic science in the last version of tekkit as it seems to be way more fun playing with than this version if it.