water pumps

mrsilly

iv set up a quarry over a large amount of water, and a previous quarry i had also had water in it, and when i tired to pump out the water with the buildcraft pump...it doesn't work, i read that since its an infinited source the water wont go away, so im wonder if theres any way in tekkit to pump out the water, thanks! 

There's no real reason to pump water out of a quarry, it actually helps them. Quarries can mine through water, but not lava or oil. Having water in the quarry fixes the lava problem for you. You might want to try just pumping out oil and possibly MFR lakes as well. Also it's possible your pump got clogged trying to pump up different liquids with nowhere to put the others.

Fun fact: Sludge Boilers will occasionally produce blocks of Mycelium, making it easy to start mushroom biomes. But make sure not to stand next to an active boiler, as the fumes will make you sick.

I think sewage is mostly a byproduct of MFR's production chain and should be considered waste. Making fertilizer is just a recuperation strategy.

Other than that, I'd opt for the filler > quarry chain for the simple reason that you'll eventually encounter oil reservoirs and it gets nasty when these mix with water. It's enough hassle to remove them from a quarry pit, and adding in a lake won't make it easier at all. Of course a few wisely-placed water blocks will enable the quarry to deal with lava, but note the "few" in that sentence. ;-)

Edited by Curunir

Fun fact: Sludge Boilers will occasionally produce blocks of Mycelium, making it easy to start mushroom biomes. But make sure not to stand next to an active boiler, as the fumes will make you sick.

I think sewage is mostly a byproduct of MFR's production chain and should be considered waste. Making fertilizer is just a recuperation strategy.

[...]

Sludge can be turned into random topsoil blocks (dirt, clay, sand, etc) by a Sludge Boiler. Sewage can be turned into Industrial Fertilizer by a Composter.

Sewage is not only a "byproduct" and in my opinion should not be considered waste at all. As Darth Crater stated, with sewage you make fertilizer using a composter.

With that an automated farm is actually really efficient. With that you can ensure you have enough food or supply for making biofuel which is rather handy in terms of power generation (unless you go all lava/magma with pumps and world anchors, etc.)