[1.6.4] Mining For Kicks - Version 1.1

SinisterPixel

Latest version, 1.1. >View changelog.

This modpack was designed to be a lightweight pack (slower computers shouldn't struggle with it!) but aims to be fun at the same time. It was initially made for myself and a few friends. It features our favourite mods.

This pack is also completely functional in SMP so you can play with your friends too!

The current modlist is as follows:

Current Mods:
Forge Modloader
Thaumcraft
Natura
Hats
Tinkers' Construct
     Tinkers' Steelworks
     Thaumic Tinkerer
Mystcraft
Biomes o' Plenty
Iron Chests
Buildcraft
Forestry
Backpacks
NotEnoughItems
     Addons for NEI
Tombstones
Bibliocraft
Voxelmap
Inventory Tweaks
Craftable Saddles

(ID Fix Minus was used to resolve item ID conflicts but is not included in the final modpack).

Planned additions:

VoxelMap

Thaumic Tinkerer (addon for Tconstruct)

Possibly Modular Powersuits

Other Stuff:

If you have any issues while playing (bugs only, not personal preference), feel free to report them here and I'll look into fixing them in a later iteration.

If you decide to make LP videos, spotlight videos, or what have you using the pack, feel free to share them here. I'd love to watch them and see what you think!

Download:

Get it here!

Old Versions:

1.0 for Minecraft 1.6.4

Edited by SinisterPixel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Can I make a few suggestions?  I think that ars magica could add some interesting features, and metallurgy, buildcraft, and orespawn will add lots of ores.  The only problem is that orespawn and metallurgy tend to conflict with each other, but this is pretty much only because of the ID numbers.  This looks like a pretty interesting pack, though.

• 2 weeks later...

Can I make a few suggestions?  I think that ars magica could add some interesting features, and metallurgy, buildcraft, and orespawn will add lots of ores.  The only problem is that orespawn and metallurgy tend to conflict with each other, but this is pretty much only because of the ID numbers.  This looks like a pretty interesting pack, though.

That would be a good mod to add, but Ars Magica adds about 25MB of content.  I believe that SinisterPixel is going more lightweight for those that have crappier computers, or even worse, a 32-bit OS/Java install.