Most efficient energy link setup? *solved*

I'm currently running an MFE to power my Quarry via the Energy link.

4 Geothermals power the MFE, which outputs to a LV transformer before entering the Energy Link via LV consumer > Energy Link > BC producer into the conductive wood pipes into the conducive Phased pipes. One powers a Lava Pump in the Nether to fuel the Geothermals and the other powers the Quarry.

Why does the BC producer have sporadic "ticking" of output power. In te Energy GUI, the output for BC flickers between Orange and Red while LV intake is Orange. How would I have both be green to have a constant flow of power.

I know the Energy Link outputs 72Eu/t but the Quarry only requires 22Eu/t to run at 100% efficiency.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Cyborgcommunist

• Discord Moderator

Not to be picky, but I think you mean "Energy Bridge" not "Energy Link". That being said, Quarries can take almost 50 MJ/t (and surely that much after phased pipe losses). Since you are inserting an unnecessary LV Transformer  between your MFE and your Energy Bridge setup (you should be using a MV Consumer or higher) the max input to your Energy Bridge is 32 EU/t which is only 12.8 MJ/t.

You are seeing that "ticking" because you are using more power than you are providing. You are probably seeing your Geothermals pulsing on and off. This is because they are making more power than you are able to provide to the Energy Bridge. However, even if you take out the transformer and upgrade to a MV consumer you will still likely see that "ticking" in the Energy Bridge GUI. Four Geothermals only make 80 EU/t (assuming you are providing enough lava to keep them supplied... TE Magmatic Engines are significantly more efficient in their lava usage even if they are "slower") which is only 32 MJ/t. Between your pump, the quarry and the Phased Pipe loss you would need to be producing well over 60 MJ/t just to keep up.

Oh! THANKS. I didn't know all the maths behind every component. So I would need more Geothermals and maybe some Solar Panels to the system. Thanks. 

But the Geothermals don't pulse on and off, they provide near constant power though, just that I suspect not enough. 

And do Phased pipes have loss?

• Discord Moderator

Phased pipes have a hard coded 5% loss if I remember correctly. You can easily reduce Tesseract loss to lower than the default (crazy high) 25% in the config file. 10% seems like a good number for the loss and 200 MJ/t max throughput works well (although I set the max to 500 on my server for convenience).

Well, I have solved this issue, thanks a lot plowmanplow.

For those interested, I directly hooked up the MFE straight up to the Energy Bridge (picky picky XD). In addition to that, I added on 4 more Geothermal Generators. 

I'm finally producing more power than I'm using and the MFE is actually filling up!

Plus my Lava Pump has left a really interesting pattern in the Nether lava ocean. It's a perfect rhombus that's 60+ blocks wide