Minor annoyance, but need help all the same.

Atomisk

Whenever I look at a block this thing at the top of the screen appears letting me know what it is. Okay, I know that sounds a little bit silly... But I'm afraid I know what Oak wood, leaves, stone, and -dirt- are. I'd like to figure out how to disable this, and looked through all the menues i could think of, but the only thing messing with the TMI options got me was a second box overlaying the one that was already there, so... How do I turn this off?

a few things:

• The mod is called WAILA
  • Numpad 0 by default is for the config
  • it does more than just tell you a block is dirt. For ALL blocks, it tells you the name, and what mod it's from (useful for friend that are playing with some advanced mods, say you don't know that that block they are using is a project bench)
  • for things like tanks, fluidducts, energy cells, etc. it has useful info like, energy stored, fluid going through the fluidduct, or amount of fluid stored, without having to open up the block gui

useful information

Wait what? It does? Oh my god. I don't care about what mod it's from, but if it's got all that kind of info to let me know what is in certain things... i might actually use it!

Edit: Oops, damn, double posted. Uhhh. Can't find a delete button here soooo.

Edited by Atomisk

Click a little through that menu, I think you can configure Waila to show/hide things, to bring it closer to what you actually want to see. I found it invaluable so far and would be quite disoriented without it by now.

I love WAILA for most things, but it gets frustrating trying to make secret doors or qcraft walls when people can just mouse over the block and see that something is hidden there.

I dunno about qCraft, but at least Carpenter's Doors show the name of the block used to decorate it when set to only that block face without the door-related bits.

I love WAILA for most things, but it gets frustrating trying to make secret doors or qcraft walls when people can just mouse over the block and see that something is hidden there.

Well, I don't see any options for qcraft, but things like silverfish, carpenters blocks, etc. have a config option in waila to hide them, and if running a server, there is an option to force server-side configs so that the client can't override it. Maybe they'll come up with a fix for qcraft