[1.7.10] Remain in Motion - Continuation of Redstone in Motion

planetguy

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you add please some integration with OpenComputers?
For example, push an event(signal) every time, the carriage moves. Because there is no other way to know, if carriage is already done moving, or not.

Hardcore mode still does not consume energy in 1.2.0. energyStored fills but does not drain with motion. Using config:

####################
# Hardmode
####################

Hardmode {
    B:"Hardmode is activated"=true
    I:"Power capacity of carriages"=10000
    D:"Power consumption factor"=100.0
}

I cant see carriages in motion.(movement) They simple disappear until they are on place.

Template carriage does not have right click "ghost" view.

The network handling is still broken, but I'm trying to fix it. I rushed to get a 1.7 port out because it's been so long, but there are still a few issues to work on. Another one is carriages will move through existing blocks.

Network handling is fixed (meaning carriages' fancy rendering works) and the new build is up. There's a bug with carriages being perfectly happy to move through blocks.

I'd recommend staying on 1.6 for now, unless you're dying to play with the new 1.7 stuff.

Edited by planetguy

well thanks anyway ive made a script of my own to tide me over the idea was to have several monitors on different levels to call the elevator but for now im just using some wireless redstone controllers

Noticed since updating (on 1.6 version, still waiting for other mods to update to 1.7), that translocators wont work if they are adjacent to more than one frame block. I may be wrong but I dont think this was previously the case. Anyway, not sure if its feature or bug but it breaks the compactness of some of my designs...

Any help much appreciated :)

IIRC that's how it's always worked, only one carriage can be moved at a time by each moving machine (engine, motor, translocator, or transduplicator). I can hopefully change that, but not for a bit over a week, since I'm traveling.

Fair enough, after checking I realise it has always been like this. For some reason I thought translocators could only move the block on top, so they'd ignore the other sides... Anyway, what would be great would be if engines etc. ignored carriages whose facing sides were closed, or, even better, if the sides on the engine/translocator itself could be toggled (as this would also allow for template carriages).

An another note, do you ever intend to make it so that translocators display their label visually on the block itself? (would be very helpful though not sure how it would work on ones with multiple colours...)

Translocators are supposed to display the colours on their side, in the form of some tiny icons in the black square. It was planned to switch recolouring over to a GUI system, but I didn't get around to it yet.

Edited by planetguy

Thank you for forking and working on this, planetguy. This is fantastic!

I have one question concerning 1.7.2 though: With ThermalExpansion/cofh not being updated to 1.7.2 yet, what mod do you suggest to use in order to have a source of power and transportation of RF?