how to disable unwanted mods in a pack?

Enduringvirus

Hey all, so ive download a few packs that seem fun, but there are mods i have no intention of using. For an example i downloaded the Mindcrafters Icehenge Mod pack, and while most of it is cool, i wont be doing the bee breeding. how would i go about disabling that mod for that pack? while i am using that as an example i by no means am limiting my question to that pack alone. there are some minor things i would turn off in Tekkit Main (for singleplayer). i rarely play on servers but when i do i have no issue playing by their rules so mostly my question is for singleplayer only. thanks for the help

you can simply remove those mods from the mods folder for that pack.  this will prevent you from joining servers running the pack though, so just be aware of that.

also, keep in mind that you can't remove just bits and pieces of a given mod like this.  for instance, in your example with bees forestry is the mod that adds the bees, but it also adds farms and various other things.  unless the mod is setup as multiple modules, like project red or buildcraft, it's not possible pick and choose with this method.

another option would be to just leave the mod in and not mess with whatever facet you don't like.

a third option would be to wade into the config files and disable the blocks/items/mechanics that you don't like/want from a given mod.  most mods are actually surprisingly configurable if you don't mind sifting through the configs.  for instance, if you have multiple types of, say, copper spawning you could change the configs for some of the mods spawning copper to make them stop, leaving you with just one set to generate copper.