Spawn Chunks Behave like Promised Land

ruarc88

I started an attack of the b team server a couple months back and my particular world is acting extremely strange. Currently, the spawn area is using its own world generation (chunk boundaries) even though it and all the world immediately surrounding it was generated in the same version of the modpack. This leads to the first MAJOR problem of these particular chunks behaving as if they are the promised land. By this, I mean they are the only chunks spawning promised land mobs (No one has even created the promised land portal yet). I have had to forcibly disable the pixie ID in the config because they are constantly spawning in these chunks to the point where there were over 2000 visible by a single player (I'd guess close to 3000-4000 total in the entire spawn area). Also, after noticing that blue birds were only spawning in these chunks as well, I looked them up and found that they are also exclusive to the promised land. Any help would be great on how to reverse this if possible. Tonight I plan to try removing those particular region files and allowing them to regenerate (local copy) to see if this resolves it (before I start developing the spawn area) but in the event that someone has built within 1 of these regions (512x512 blocks) that won't be an ideal solution for the actual server.

PS: The spawning persisted through the update to 1.0.9c

Go into the affected area and press F3, report back what the biome is. It is possible that the biome ID was changed. Keep in mind that it is possible to change biome IDs through the use of the Witchery mod, permitting promised land in the overworld or any other dimension

I will do that when I get on later tonight. As far as I know, no one has even begun playing with the witchery mod (LP server) and the spawning appears to be reflecting the different world gen in a perfect box. I'll get a screenshot of the map to better show this. Also worth noting, As soon as the pack was installed and turned on, brand new world was generated and I was the first person to log in just to make sure it was working. The generation in spawn never changed from that first login and I did notice the pixies during that login as well. I'm assuming that if the biomes are indeed promised land biomes all I would have to do is either change the ID via mcedit or explore the witchery option and change it "legit".

tTg59FU.jpg

this is my spawn area. For some reason, these chunks generated with their own seed I guess and did include a promised land biome. To make things easy and since it's mostly forest, I just changed the area to forest with mcedit. Haven't seen any pixies or birds... yet. Thanks for the help

Hm, since it looks like that it is possible something there caused chunk corruption and if the map was generated in a previous version of the modpack, re-created itself using the same seed but a different version of the level generator.