Possible to turn xp into mob essence?

Eotf

Make sure your NEI is not hiding any items. The exact name is "XP Shower", item id 2214, from OpenBlocks. You can attempt the recipe in a crafting table: 3 iron ingots (top row), 1 obsidian in the middle right.

If for some reason you cannot craft it, contact the server admins about it as they may have disabled it (for some bizarre reason)

Edit: Let me explain the Unifier a bit. The unifier is an in-game method to convert identical things from the ore dictionary into other types of materials. This is often done with ingots, etc as there may be a recipe that doesnt accept other mods ingots, etc (this is the case actually with reinforced chests and galacticraft material blocks). So the conversion is done by placing in an item of one type, and itll convert it automatically. This same method is done with liquids but must be pumped into it using pipes or inserted with a bucket.

The XP and Mob Essence are interchangeable according to the Unifier so when one of them is placed into the unifier, it should convert to the other type. As i mentioned earlier, it is a bit finicky about the liquid conversions, if you have trouble getting it to work, you can get a bucket of mob essence and put it in there, placing additional xp liquid into it should convert it properly. But again, liquid conversion with the unifier is finicky.

Edited by Kalbintion

Nothing is disabled in the server. Maybe it's just in a older version where it is not in it yet. I believe we are using the recommended build. I'm putting buckets of xp but it won't work. I've also tried buckets of lxp and mob essence

Again the unifier the finicky, it will take some time to make it work (i spent an hour in a creative world messing with the liquid conversion mechanics of the unifier and it is in no way easy to get it to work right away but once it knows what the conversion is meant to be it works without issues afterwards)

As for the XP Shower, hm, it appears it wasn't added in 1.0.9c but rather 1.0.10 (swore i made it in 1.0.9c) with the addition of the openblocks mod updating to 1.2.7 which is when xp showers are added. That severely limits the conversion abilities then leaving it to the unifier unless someone else knows of a conversion method.

1.0.10b was recently released with minimal changes, I imagine it will be marked as recommended if not 1.0.10c (if such a thing comes to be) will be. Honestly though, 1.0.10a (and 1.0.10b) is already stable and any server, regardless of the number of players, would be able to upgrade to it without issues (assuming they dont mess up the upgrade...)

Well so far I have been trying with the unifier. I can turn mob essence into liquid xp and then back into mob essence. But I can't turn liquid xp into mob essence if that makes sense?

So it seems it accept mob essence but won't accept liquid xp :/

Edited by Eotf

Aha I fixed it. Turns out it won't take liquid xp from where you use a drain (open blocks) But it will work with Liquid xp (Liquid xp) Just got to take a long time converting it :/ Thanks for the help!