Can't use username without internet

ScarleTomato

Question

Launcher/pack Version: Current Version

Operating System: XP/Windows 7

Version of Java: 7

Description of Problem:

Hey guys, I've fairly recently gotten into Technic/Tekkit and the slew of other awesome mod packs included in the launcher and am planning on setting up a Tekkit or Hack/Mine LAN party this weekend.

The problem is that the only place avaliable to host the event has no internet connection and apparently without internet, even if the premium user credentials are saved, it logs you in as "Player" (or something like that). Which means since everyone has the same name you can't play on the same local server.

My question is, is there a way to force the launcher use the saved credentials without an internet connection?

Or, is there a way to install/play these mods without the Technic Launcher?

Please don't waste a post to say "get an internet connection." I understand that would fix the issue, but for the moment that is not possible.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

7 answers to this question

getting it working w/o the launcher won't matter much if you have no net connection. the logging in as "player" is not a tekkit thing, it's a vanilla MC thing.

the best advice I can offer you is to look into server plugins that do authentication. they exist, but it may be hard to find the right one for the version of the server you're running, etc.

getting it working w/o the launcher won't matter much if you have no net connection.
Actually I'm pretty sure it would, you can do something like "java -cp minecraft.jar net.Minecraft.main <Username>" (this is definitely not the correct string though, it's been a long time since I saw the thread about it) with the jar in .minecraft/bin/ instead of using the launcher's minecraft.jar to play offline mode directly and not be named "Player". The problem of course is that Tekkit doesn't actually mod the jar but does a bunch of on-the-fly patching after you launch it (though I think I heard you can just merge modpack.jar into the minecraft.jar and it will work?).

the best advice I can offer you is to look into server plugins that do authentication. they exist, but it may be hard to find the right one for the version of the server you're running, etc.

I have used authentication mods before with vanilla minecraft but usually they still rely on spoofing the name on the client side. Is there a server mod that changes the name when they log in on the server side?

...though I think I heard you can just merge modpack.jar into the minecraft.jar and it will work?

I took a look into this, it's obviously not as simple as just adding it in and overwriting files. Does anyone know the steps that the launcher takes when it launches?

first: i realy belive your stroy

so i made a modded launcher for you :)

second: THIS IS NOT A CRACK so if you have internet but don't have valid account it's not helping you

but if you play in offline mod, your name is displayed in mincraft

link.:

<snip> You need mod permission to post things like this.

need to be tested becouse i always have internet connection :P

ps.: sory 4 my english :$