Crash upon entering Tekkit servers

Weird0

Question

Launcher/pack Version: 2.1.0 | 1.1 | Rec. Build

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64

Version of Java: 1.7.0_03 + 1.6.0_31

Description of Problem: Upon entering a Server my whole pc freezes after 1-3 seconds then the mc window goes black and it says that my gfx driver has stopped but has been recovered

Error Messages: display driver stopped working and has recovered

Link to pastebin of log: http://pastebin.com/b5C8M86q

it was working all the time w/o a problem yesterday i logged out normally from the server i play and now whenever i try to enter it i get this :/

the very last line says "exiting" normally since i had to check which version im actually running xD

15 answers to this question

May be time to update your graphics card driver. I would not use the windows update search for the driver. Instead go to the manufacuture's website and get the most recent driver for your model card.

it doenst matter i tried every update release from 11.9 to the current one always removed the old drivers with driversweeper

What Graphics Card do you have, and can you tell me if there are now advanced MAchines(Rotary Macerator etc.) near you when there wasn't before.

its a radeon 4870x2 and yes there is a rotaroy macerator and a induction furnace but they were there b4 too even when i was able to log on and off the first 2 days on the server. i turned the ic2 sounds and advanced machines sounds off via config files in anticipation since i found somewhere that the sounds may cause this.

but i will ask a admin to pick those 2 up since i did read indeed that those 2 can cause this problem only when sounds enabled tho ôÔ

I had a similar problem. However, looking at the error logs, I didn't see any conflicts or messages about what is causing it. After about 1-2 weeks of searching I found that I logged out near a Rotary Macerator. Once that was removed, I have not had an issue since. As far as I have seen, there was no errors on conflicting id's, so I don't know what the cause actually is.

I hope this helps you as it did me!

Ok this is happened to me twice now and I cannot figure out why.

I have everything updated

Windows7 64bit

ATI 5870 x2

Java updated

I have 2 gigs allocated to Tekkit and its not maxing out

But when I join my server I get 2 seconds of movement then my graphics drivers crash. There are no new machine blocks in the area only reinforced stone/glass and glowstone. If I am on the server and near where they are placed it works. However if I try to log back in it crashes. The only way I have found to fix this is restart my char data so I start at spawn. If I use world edit to regen the entire area I can go there without crashing.

A fix to this would be really appreciated since it seems to be happening to many players.

same problem here.

windows 7

2x 5770's

4 gigs allocated

crash upon loading advanced machines.

"Graphics driver has stopped responding and has recovered." etc. etc.

This really detracts from the tekkit experience, and has blue screened my comp twice..

not to mention, someone could lose all their work on a server to someone who wont pick up a machine for a sec.

Could someone qualified please look into this?

I found that a singularity compressor also causes this issue. So it seems that some of the advanced machines are part of the issue. I'm using ati 12.4 drivers for my 5970. I have tested all 12 drivers (and later 11 versions) with no luck. I have yet to find a setting that can bypass this error. Does anyone have suggestions? I would love to get into more of the advanced machines on my server.

No error report that I could find server or client side. The screen will flicker and say the device driver has recovered. If I continue on I will eventually blue screen (it disappears too fast for me to to write down). I have yet to test tekkit 3.0.3 client yet for this issue. I have been on 2.1.1.

The screen will flicker and say the device driver has recovered. If I continue on I will eventually blue screen

I have exactly this issue and the blue screen states that the one of the ati dlls is the cause.

I'm running two 5770s in crossfire.

Sorry for the bump, but has anyone managed to fix this issue? (on Tekkit 3.1.2)