New Modpack! Hundreds of the most popular mods and more!

tommy1530

• Discord Moderator

There is a SUB-forum to this one which Manus was referring to called Platform Potluck.

You have a number of old mods included with known problems which should be updated. Additionally, there are a number of ID conflicts (specifically with Mystcraft) which will cause major problems if not resolved.

• Discord Moderator

It might be good to make a note that the pack is FREAKING ENORMOUS and that the majority of people will either have a poor play experience or not be able to play at all. A PC with only 4G of ram is really going to struggle with the pack.

• Discord Moderator

We have people playing with computers with 4G of ram and it is working fine for them, so please, don't discourage as we know what works and doesn't, not you.

Hmm. Nearly singlehandedly supporting Platform Pagoda (with all respect to others who have helped) for the last few months at least implies that I might have an inkling of what I am talking about. Yes, you might be having few issues. I am just stating that the overwhelming body of evidence indicates that a pack of that size on a Windows machine with 4G of ram will often have some distinct challenges. I wasn't saying it wouldn't work.

• 2 months later...

Another consideration, for a large pack, is that in order for it to even run on some computers, they will need a 64-bit version of Java (and a 64-bit OS) to run it.  A 32-bit version can't access the memory above 1.5GB.  I had the same problem with my modpack and removing some of the bloat helped.  A disclaimer in the OP might let folks know that some of your mods require gobs of memory and for the best performance, they should have a 64-bit OS/Java install, as the pack will require every bit of that 4GB of RAM.

Just some friendly feedback.  :)