More Pistons in the 1.2.5 Tekkit!

Yea, me too! It's invigorating, nay, downright inspiring! I just walked out on my balcony and screamed it to the world! (nevermind the loud cursing of the neighbors, it's surely not me they're upset with...) Enthusiasm is great!!

Now, what was I just yelling at my neighbors about?

What he said, pistons are pointless with frames.

Unless, y'know, you like pistons. It's arrogant and stupid to decide one way is better than another unless you have quantitative, objective proof. This is Minecraft, the ultimate sandbox game, where we can all do what the fuck we want simply because we want to.

Unless, y'know, you like pistons. It's arrogant and stupid to decide one way is better than another unless you have quantitative, objective proof. This is Minecraft, the ultimate sandbox game, where we can all do what the fuck we want simply because we want to.

Pff. Lies. Only the absolute most efficient way to do things is allowed in Minecraft. Anyone who does something else should be sneered at and patronized.

"What, you mean you DON'T make your portals with 10 blocks in the frame? Well. I guess some people are just too stupid to know they can save 4 blocks from the corners!"

"Hah! You mean you follow caves and dig around as you feel like? Everyone knows that a series of 2x1 tunnels 2 blocks apart at exactly layer 12 is the most efficient way to find diamonds!"

Pff. Lies. Only the absolute most efficient way to do things is allowed in Minecraft. Anyone who does something else should be sneered at and patronized.

"What, you mean you DON'T make your portals with 10 blocks in the frame? Well. I guess some people are just too stupid to know they can save 4 blocks from the corners!"

"Hah! You mean you follow caves and dig around as you feel like? Everyone knows that a series of 2x1 tunnels 2 blocks apart at exactly layer 12 is the most efficient way to find diamonds!"

Ooh sorry Dood, that was not the most efficient way to make that point. The white van should be rolling up to your house shortly to take away your computer ;p

Actually I believe the most certain way not to miss diamonds is to dig 1-wide tunnels from 16 to bottom layers. If you only do 1x2 then you may miss some in rare cases*. Though if you don't care about missing things then yeah, 1x2 is fastest.

*) 0 - missed blocks

1 - visible blocks

_ - empty space

oxooxo

x_xx_x

x_xx_x

oxooxo

oxooxo

x_xx_x

x_xx_x

oxooxo

Actually I believe the most certain way not to miss diamonds is to dig 1-wide tunnels from 16 to bottom layers. If you only do 1x2 then you may miss some in rare cases*. Though if you don't care about missing things then yeah, 1x2 is fastest.

*) 0 - missed blocks

1 - visible blocks

_ - empty space

oxooxo

x_xx_x

x_xx_x

oxooxo

oxooxo

x_xx_x

x_xx_x

oxooxo

I think he said most efficient, not less likely to miss diamonds. Also, your grid is wrong:

oxox_xoxo

x_xoxox_x

x_xoxox_x

oxox_xoxo

oxox_xoxo

x_xoxox_x

As you can see, by offsetting and interlocking the tunnels, you limit the unseen area to merely 1x2 sections, which make it incredibly unlikely that any diamond nodes will be in that area and not extend outside of it to blocks that can be seen.

The most-certain way to not miss diamonds is to use a bloody divining rod.

Good lord, people.

I hate that divining rod, it feels like such a waste of time. I would much rather just take the catalyst and go nuts down on the diamond layer and hope for the best. Was just discussing vanilla digging strategies for kicks. My wife and I used to dig huge sections of the above pattern in our old vanilla world. We called it the Honeycomb Mineshafts.

Having done a lot of things with pistons like a hidden 3x3 door I thought I could say it like that. I guess some people might still enjoy pistons, but playing tekkit with frames is so much fun compared to trying to do stuff with pistons.

playing tekkit with frames is so much fun compared to trying to do stuff with pistons.

For you.

You still don't understand the difference between fact and opinion. You like frames more than pistons: Great; I don't. For me, frames are for motive machinery, like builders, diggers, and the like. Pistons are for dynamic structures and mechanisms, like apertures, signs, hazards, and the like. Different benefits to each.

omfg. this is AMAZING !

is it integrated in the new redpower or is it an extra modification? it works with tekkit ?

Yeah just redpower 2. "Works" in tekkit 3.0, just don't try to push anything other than a redpower block with it. I think some of the issues are fixed in a later patch thats not in tekkit yet.