Cant get my Classic Tekkit Server working

I have installed the 3.1.2 classic tekkit server from the classic tekkit page but it doesn't work. When i go into the "launch.bat" folder, it comes up with:  

C:UsersNameDesktopTekkit Server>java -Xmx3G -Xms2G -jar Tekkit.jar nogui

'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file.

C:UsersNameDesktopTekkit Server>pause

Press any key to continue . . .

That's what it says, and when i press and key it just quits so i cant get my server to turn on!!!

help me please!!! :) Thank you

Thank you but i don't know what to add the PATH????? And to i have to add it to the variable name or the variable value???

I havent had any experience with using java only using it for being able to play MC.

So if you could help me more that would be greatly appreciated :)

I'm happy to answer questions, but I'm not sure where you are stuck.

The link I provided (above) has instructions for various operating systems.  When you follow those instructions, where do you get stuck?

On my system, I look for "Path" under "System Variables", click "Edit...", scroll to the end of the list, then add a semicolon followed by the directory path I shared above.  You'll have to verify the specific location of your java bin file on your own system.  You'll find it somewhere in program files, java/jre7/bin (or whatever version you have).

But i dont know where to write it. i do everything but i dont have a list when i click on PATH, it comes with Variable name: PATH then Variable Value 

Ps i am on a windows 8 btw

And i dont understand the java link that well 2. I get stuck at part 6

Edited by Amourax

Well i tried it and it doesnt work so i am not doing it properly. This is what i did: I add ;C:Program Files (86x)Javajre7 . i added this to the variable vaule but when i went into command promt it did that same the same thing, it closed :(

well, I'm guessing you need something more like

;C:Program FIles (86x)/Java/jre7/bin

Sorry if I mistakenly described the path you need.  Also, just making sure, you should verify that is where your 'java.exe' file is located.  I probably should have been more specific about that as well.

Then I'm guessing you have the wrong path.

Did you verify that there is java.exe in that folder?  Double-check the folder name and path.  If possible, include a screenshot of the folder that contains java.exe just in case I can spot something.

last thing I can think of, in case of a typo...  go to your jre7/bin folder and right-click on java.exe.  Select "Properties" and then copy/paste the exact line from the pat listed under Location.  Of course, you'll still need a semicolon at the front.

If that doesn't work, then I guess we need to find somebody else with another solution.

Maybe try posting over here, where there's more server-operator traffic:  http://forums.technicpack.net/forum/50-server-op-swap-shop/