Tekkit server not working

lazaridisjo

I have just downloaded the Tekkit server, installed it, installed latest Java and opened the Tekkit launcher. I am also connecting through localhost and running Minecraft version 1.7.9 .

When trying to connect though I get the error:

Failed to connect to server Timed out  

on Minecraft and on the server cmd I get:

Reached end of stream for / [iP].

Can anyone help me with this?

If I got this right you downloaded the Tekkit servern and tryes to connect to it with Vanilla Minecraft?

You need to connect to the server with Tekkit client from technic launcher.

Well no, I donwloaded the Tekkit server files and run launcher.bat, then I open Minecraft and connect to the server using localhost command.

I also tried Technic launcher but it pops up an error when trying to download a file, so I never get there.

There is no need to run the dedicated server locally on your machine, although it is possible to do so.

But as badkruka hinted, it sounds like you are starting the wrong client version. A Tekkit Server cannot work properly with a vanilla Minecraft client. You need to start Tekkit from the Technic Launcher.

You could also just skip the dedicated server part and play Tekkit from the client. The dedicated server is meant to run independently, which is useful if you plan on playing with a few friends (either locally or over the internet).

There is no need to run the dedicated server locally on your machine, although it is possible to do so.

But as badkruka hinted, it sounds like you are starting the wrong client version. A Tekkit Server cannot work properly with a vanilla Minecraft client. You need to start Tekkit from the Technic Launcher.

You could also just skip the dedicated server part and play Tekkit from the client. The dedicated server is meant to run independently, which is useful if you plan on playing with a few friends (either locally or over the internet).

I am planning to do so, that's why I asked here. Recently when I run the server using Minecraft version 1.6.4 (because i saw a minecraft server file 1.6.4) it poped that no FML is installed, can't connect to server. Does this piece of info help?

Did you realize that Minecraft 1.6.4 and Tekkit 1.2.9e are, for all intents and purposes, two different games? You seem to be crossing them, which of course doesn't work. Tekkit may be based on Minecraft, but a Tekkit server is only compatible with Tekkit clients.

Tekkit (current version) is a game based on minecraft 1.6.4 as a core and 109 mods that together makes the game Tekkit. So to be able to play on your tekkit server you need to start the game tekkit from your Technic Launcher. Not Tekkit Lite or Tekkit Classic, just the one named Tekkit. And when you have started Tekkit you can then connect to your server. But if you are the only one playing then I suggest you just use singel player since Tekkit server and client consumes alot of memory.

Edited by badkruka

If you want to just play by yourself, you don't need the server. Just start the game from the Technic Launcher and create a singleplayer world. The server is for hosting a game, when other people want to join it via LAN or Internet multiplayer. Remember that to run a Tekkit Classic server, you will need the Tekkit Classic server download - it is different from regular Tekkit like that is different from vanilla Minecraft.

Also remember that if Tekkit Classic is the flavour you want to go with, we have another forum section dedicated to that. And you should note that Classic still runs on (very dated) Minecraft 1.2.5 and will not be updated any more because it is at this point considered legacy code - hence "Classic".