Best site to check any and all mods? (can you advance search?)

I Wish to start a tekkit server along side my aotbt. Now I try googling a mod list and get a top 20 or something to that affect... But I am actually just looking for specific mods to jam into the server (trying to find a site that i can search what specifically in the list of mods im looking for eg. more building blocks, more/new ores, etc etc). Now unless you are 100% sure a mod is incompatible with tekkits (excluding id conflicts) please feel free to mention some of your own thoughts on mods you use on your server :3

Now I am the miner fanatic and building freak... On my aotbt I absolutely adore "metallurgy"... I love having such a enormous range of stones, ore blocks, block colors, designs to work with. I however do not know if I am even missing out on many more mods like it.

I am also a big fan of any and all machinery. EVEN if there are newer alternatives or you feel one machine mod is more over powered than another or feel one is unbalanced.... I am not concerned about the "overpowered" I just like having the ability to have a vast amount of machines even if 1 will make another obsolete... Does not mean I can't make older or less funded buildings use the weaker versions of machines while my "multi-million" dollar buildings using the finest machines known.

My other likes are nature mods... Having a vast amounts of different trees, fruit trees, orchards, bushes, gardens alllll that pretty stuff, Even any and all dimensions possible... My reasoning behind this is to have the option to gather resources from OTHER dimensions so the original overworld won't suffer much alterations under the surface. Trying to prevent players from sucking up the overworld resources lol.

Some of the mods I use already are

what ever tekkit offers as well as

metallurgy

equivalent exchange

ore dimensions

war and mage craft

There are more but these are my top 4 favorite mods so far but metallurgy tops them all for the large amounts of brick-like blocks it added to the server <3

What exactly are you looking for? I know of no concise mod-overview site that is not riddled with ads and garbage. For the mods inside Tekkit, you can have a look at the wiki. Otherwise, I think the Minecraft forums are the spawning point for most, if not all mods.

As for adding vast, block-intensive mods to Tekkit: Tread lightly, as we already have a very extensive number of mods and blocks in there. There are quite a few decorative blocks added by MFR, too. You might want to explore "vanilla" Tekkit before you actually decide what you want to stack on top. And keep in mind that when doing that kind of stacking, you are mostly on your own without support from modpack makers.

Good luck, though.

What exactly are you looking for? I know of no concise mod-overview site that is not riddled with ads and garbage. For the mods inside Tekkit, you can have a look at the wiki. Otherwise, I think the Minecraft forums are the spawning point for most, if not all mods.

As for adding vast, block-intensive mods to Tekkit: Tread lightly, as we already have a very extensive number of mods and blocks in there. There are quite a few decorative blocks added by MFR, too. You might want to explore "vanilla" Tekkit before you actually decide what you want to stack on top. And keep in mind that when doing that kind of stacking, you are mostly on your own without support from modpack makers.

Good luck, though.

As i posted Im just looking to jam in more and more nature, machines, and as many more new ores

(like how metallurgy offers tons of new ore blocks in the overworld AND nether/dimensions and bricks for more colorful building designs)

and the more machines to make all different kinds of older and newer buildings, the nature to have .... well more nature ofc (bushes, a plethora of fruit trees and normal trees) 

Even as redundant as some mods could be if they include something overpowered, if it adds what I am looking for then it is what it is... for the sake of adding more blocks to further designs to me i could care less how powerful something with it is.

Edited by TechnicForumMember