Is it suppose to be WAY harder to make mods for Power Suits?

mabpwnu

Im no minecraft tekkit pro, but im not a complete moron when it comes to this stuf :P Bassicaly it was sorta tough to get the mats to make the stuff needed to mod my power suit (jet pack, ion thrusters mainly). But since the last big chacne a few months ago, im noticing the stuff needed for thrusters are different and wayyyy more difficult to obtain. Is this intended, so that people dont rely on the suits as much? Mainly trying to get Enderium blend. Just seems wayyyyy too much work for that stuff. Just to get shiny ingots i have to farm ferrous ore which seems more rare then diamond atm. Does anyone have any help or solution to this? Am i doing it completely wrong?

1. Set up a few 64x64 quarries.

2. When they will mine to the redstone level stop them (cut the power) and mine all the redstone with silk touch (this step can be done multiple times for one quarry - just stop it several times when you see redstone).

3. Pulverize all the redstone ore and get cinnabar.

4. Smelt cinnabar with ferrous ore in a induction furnace and get shiny metal.

5. Start an EE3 calcinator and get some minium shards and craft an innert stone. Smelt shards with innert stone in aludel (don't forget the glass bell) and get a minium stone.

6. Start an minium stone recipe: iron to ender pearls.

7. Pearls go to the magma crucible and now you know what to do next.

This can be automated with a nether quarry as you get an ore block from nether redstone.

Keep in mind all the Thermal Expansion recipes from NEI.

Smelting the cheap ores like tin, iron and stuff with sand gives you more ingots and rich slag.

The slag smelted with nether redstone ore can give you more redstone ore thus more cinnabar.

As for the shortage of some minerals keep in mind several induction smelter recipies (I'm smelting almost all ores with sand or slag and ferrous with cinnabar) to double or triple the ingots count.

In the endgame you can go with laser drills with red focus for redstone ore.

Edited by bochen415

^^^ this, or go exploring the nether.  if you don't have silk touch, you can get nether redstone, which you can smelt into redstone ore to get the cinnabar.  you can also find nether platinum, which gives shiny directly, but is very rare.

I suppose that difficulty/scarcity is intentional, given the immense power you can obtain with Powersuits.

If you just want a jetpack, Simply Jetpacks was recently added and offers some easier options to fly. It does not do most other things a Powersuit does, so take it easy.

I suppose that difficulty/scarcity is intentional, given the immense power you can obtain with Powersuits.

If you just want a jetpack, Simply Jetpacks was recently added and offers some easier options to fly. It does not do most other things a Powersuit does, so take it easy.

Don't forget potatoe jetpack!