Technic Launcher Mac Application!

NuclearNarwhal

Before you start reading please note that I am using a Mac!

I'm kinda a lazy person, and it annoyed me having to go into finder and to the desktop section and double-click the TechnicLauncher.jar every time I wanted to launch it... Overall it's obviously not a big hassle, but I wanted something easier. I tried pulling the jar into the dock but that obviously didn't work because then it simply ran java, and not the Technic Launcher specifically when I clicked it.

In the end I decided to compile the jar into a Mac application so that I COULD bring it into my dock and click it from there, thus saving me like 5 seconds and a whole lot of moaning every time I wanted to open the Technic Launcher. It was successful, and I decided to share the app with all the other lazy Mac users out there who enjoy using the Technic Launcher!

Long story short, this post just leads up to the download link for the Technic Launcher APP:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/zxedk3b9jcyg7jn/TechnicLauncher.dmg

It comes as a DMG, so once you open it simply drag the one item it contains into the applications folder, (as you do with all downloaded apps) and voila!

Pros of getting the app instead of sticking with the jar:

★ You can be even lazier than usual when opening it!

★ It looks beautiful in the dock!

★ I ran out of pros pretty quickly, but it's still good!

Anyway, that's all for this post! One last note, incase you didn't already notice this is a Mac application... So yeah.

WARNING: You have perfect reason to worry about there being some really weird crap in that DMG, and I have no way of proving to you that there isn't really... So you'll just have to trust me that there's nothing malicious in there. ツ

Edited by NuclearNarwhal

Always ask the staff first before posting "download the technic launcher here!".

I did speak to GenPage before posting this, he gave me the go ahead.

EDIT: If you need proof I can send you screenshots of our PM conversation.

Edited by NuclearNarwhal

I did speak to GenPage before posting this, he gave me the go ahead.

EDIT: If you need proof I can send you screenshots of our PM conversation.

just talked to genpage and he confirmed this.  to be clear though, this isn't anything official nor is it supported in any way by us.  other than that, have fun.

For future reference, OP, it might be a good idea to mention, in your post, that you have an admin's permission to post this or something like it.  That makes it easier to verify it and causes fewer explosions among the moderators.

just talked to genpage and he confirmed this.  to be clear though, this isn't anything official nor is it supported in any way by us.  other than that, have fun.

Correct.

We appreciate the community trying to help us out in anyway. That being said this is not official or supported by us. Any indication that this is malicious/harmful will result in the removal of the topic and a ban.

Correct.

We appreciate the community trying to help us out in anyway. That being said this is not official or supported by us. Any indication that this is malicious/harmful will result in the removal of the topic and a ban.

Of course! When I googled for something like what I have presented here I actually did find a download link on a blog, it looked legitimate but because the internet is an extremely evil and deceptive place I decided not to download it. Instead I made my own!

For future reference, OP, it might be a good idea to mention, in your post, that you have an admin's permission to post this or something like it.  That makes it easier to verify it and causes fewer explosions among the moderators.

And that would've been a good idea, my apologies!

Edited by NuclearNarwhal