Ars magica problem? (nexus)

TechnicForumMember

I have been watching utube vid after utube vid trying to figure out why mine does not work.... and there are items missing in the mod that are in the videos and i am using the most up to date version.

the videos show 

XxxxX

xxXxx

XxxxX

for the set up but in the videos they have different colors of chalk and in my mod there is ONLY wizards chalk

so i set the stone brick  and chiseled stone brick in the proper places in the 5x5 

i tried putting essence under the middle block and have tried without the essence neither worked

i tried drawing 1 piece of chalk in the center and it drew a white ancient letter. i also tried drawing a 3x3 circle in the middle of the letters and nothing happens...

i have read thru the config txt and no where in the list is there 

blue white or red chalk... just wizards chalk... did i mess something up? is there a work around?

I am trying to make sure everythings working correctly before i move on to adding in more mods

The ars magica chalk will create a big circle covering a 3x3 area when used.

That magic circle will light up and start spinning when it is collecting energy.

Easiest thing is the light nexus, which is white chalk, nether quarts blocks for the pillars with the pillar caps either glass (each pillar should be 3 tall, 2 quartz blocks and 1 glass/gold block on the top, 4 total pillars), gold blocks, or moonstone blocks. As long as you do it during the day you will see it start working pretty much instantly when done. If it doesn't start up right away you know something is wrong and you should check the compendium,

The ars magica chalk will create a big circle covering a 3x3 area when used.

That magic circle will light up and start spinning when it is collecting energy.

Easiest thing is the light nexus, which is white chalk, nether quarts blocks for the pillars with the pillar caps either glass (each pillar should be 3 tall, 2 quartz blocks and 1 glass/gold block on the top, 4 total pillars), gold blocks, or moonstone blocks. As long as you do it during the day you will see it start working pretty much instantly when done. If it doesn't start up right away you know something is wrong and you should check the compendium,

will the compendium add the nexus to the structures? if so then something was wrong because the only structure was the alter, and again when i used the chalk in the center it wrote a tiny weird letter and did not create a circle. there was also no "white" chalk... or red or blue.only "wizards chalk" 

i have version 14.x.x.7 (highest number on the mods forum link)

Edited by TechnicForumMember

2014-07-06_223905_zps0dbf6f57.png

see what i mean? i even started a fresh vanilla server to test it again.....

do i have to get the structure unlocked in the book BEFORE i try to build it?

if so what do i have to unlock BEFORE this?

on my other server i had the alter unlocked the occulus

the scripture table

what else did i need if so

Wizard's Chalk is not a feature of Ars Magica 2. There's only White, Blue and Red chalk.

Did you download the mod from here: http://arsmagicamod.com/ ?

Because right now, it seems like you have a fake version of the mod or possibly not even the Ars Magica 2 mod at all!

The highest version of Ars Magica 2 is 1.2.0.017, NOT 14.x.x.7

EDIT: Ah, looking around, it seems you've found the answer on the Minecraft forums.

And it seems things have changed in the latest version.

Edited by Melfice

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, I'm having the same problem that guy was having. Unfortunately, not through lack of trying, I haven't found an answer on any forum, this is the closest I've come by finding someone who even had the same issue as me. I'm on v 1.2.0.021 and there is no coloured chalk just the Wizards chalk (been trying all day to figure this out and its starting to really annoy me). I've been through all my configs and it seems there is mention of the coloured chalks but nothing in game...Any and all help is much appreciated thanks. MM

• 2 weeks later...

FYI, here's a chunk of the patch notes from the ars magica thread.

The Power System:
	-Renamed "Raw Essence" to Etherium
	-The neutral nexus and its mechanics no longer exist
		-It has been replaced with the Obelisk, which burns vinteum and liquid essence like a furnace to generate neutral Etherium
	-The Dark Nexus no longer exists, and has been replaced with the Black Aurem
		-For the most part works the same, but there is a new way to get it, detailed in the compendium
	-The Light Nexus no longer exists, and has been replaced with the Celestial Prism
		-For the most part works the same, but there is a new way to get it, detailed in the compendium

Might be a good idea to read them?

• 4 weeks later...

Weird- the compendium explained it all (for the structures at least) right from the beginning in the version I'm using.

To cut a long story short for people who find this in the future;

• The obelisk (neutral essence) is now the most basic structure.  It's a single block that's made in a crafting table, not a multiblock structure (until you upgrade it, at least).
  • Wizards chalk isn't required in the construction of the obelisk, but can be used as an upgrade or for purifying/corrupting the obelisk into the light/dark versions.
  • The pillars aren't required anymore, they're just an upgrade.