New Tekkit Update?

I logged in to Tekkit today and I am sure I am not the only one who noticed this but it said that there was a new Tekkit update, but after viewing the website here I only noticed that Technic was updated, can anybody tell me what was changed? I would greatly appreciate it.

No you do not. I just updated my Launcher and signed into my Tekkit server.

This does look like good news for a Tekkit update. Technic has a lot of the same mods as Tekkit. The devs are probably working on the Tekkit server right now. I would not expect an update soon though. Getting multiple mods to work together is hard.

Redpower and IC2 just updated to 1.2.5 recently so all the serious work is just getting done now. Icewolf is working hard on it and it's looking good so far. Lots of shit to iron out though of course. No ETA available as usual.

Sever OPs should be ignoring dev builds until we say otherwise. Just use what works. Dev builds are for previewing only.

IC2 was ported a few days ago to SMP, the RP ports isnt atleast made public yet, but i know they are working on it (could it be u guys taht are porting it?)

This was for personal interest, and if its for usage of you guys, we made a custom serverbuild based on the Tekkitclient with avalible ported mods 2 days ago. We have a few errorreports of the second devbuild that we can provide if needed (all issues we found so far was clientrelated, but i guess u guys sorted those out).

We also did some testing in regards of the SSP playing of the SMP build, that part worked pretty fine, but as said, we had some strange issues in regards of SMP play, that we suspect was related to the mods added clientside, and not serverside (clientcrashes).

If needed, we can provide those reports, just let me know where.

I'm confused as to why there is not a BCv3 in Tekkit v3. Is that too different to convert to bukkit, or is it kept the same for the sake of existing servers?

I'd eventually like to see a branch that is based on BC3 for new servers to try, at least. BC2 won't be supported for as long as BC3, I'll bet.

I logged in to Tekkit today and I am sure I am not the only one who noticed this but it said that there was a new Tekkit update,

[...]

This seems to be some kind of bug, the update doesn't seem to really change anything. And at the next start it again says there is an update to tekkit. Kinda annoying.

Redpower and IC2 just updated to 1.2.5 recently so all the serious work is just getting done now. Icewolf is working hard on it and it's looking good so far. Lots of shit to iron out though of course. No ETA available as usual.

Sever OPs should be ignoring dev builds until we say otherwise. Just use what works. Dev builds are for previewing only.

I went onto the dev build on singleplayer and started a creative map. Cart Linking is the best. A mining bore pulled me, a world anchor, 3 chests, 2 creepers, and a cow through a mountain.