ProjectRed-Transportation_Pipe Connect Issue_1.0.10b

jonahly

Hey everybody!! I've been having a really big issue with routed interface pipes, routed request pipes, and maybe more not connecting to chests. I have no idea why and it was working just fine the other night!

I have a screenshot of the issue Edit: With a broadcaster chip I can see the inside fine but it won't pull anything out. Thanks!

ng51yu.png

Edited by jonahly

Without Routed Junction Pipes, there is a fair chance your items are simply bouncing around the system.

Try setting it up in creative with and without those junction pipes. See how the system behaves that way.

I could be wrong though...

Usually when I add stuff the purple card (broadcaster) is fine, just need to right click with it to seemingly "activate" it the first time. The orange card (responder) needs to be checked to ensure its set for blacklist and have nothing picked, or for white list if you want to only allow certain things into the chest. You can blacklist items and then they will not go into that chest also. 

Also if you have any point where you have multiple pipes coming together and you do not have a junction pipe (blue bands) you need to put one in other wise things will just bounce around the system for a long time. The interface pipes (Purple ones) do count as junction pipes when they are in line. 

If you still have problems you can post a picture of the GUI for the card and we can work from there. Also if you have osme other shots of the system we can try to help if the cards are all correct. Remember pipes do have a limitation, I forget personally how long it is but I know that Gliss found it when he was moving things around his base. 

Also if you have any point where you have multiple pipes coming together and you do not have a junction pipe (blue bands) you need to put one in other wise things will just bounce around the system for a long time. The interface pipes (Purple ones) do count as junction pipes when they are in line.

The way those pipes work btw is that itll send the item randomly down a connection that isn't where the item just came from, so a T section has a 50% chance to go one of the two ways. This can be an issue with items taking forever to go into storage or come to you as it then has to rely on rng to pick the right route and as soon as it hits a non-item pipe it'll see if it needs to go that way still or be accepted and be routed back if necessary, hitting that same intersection and potentially going back the way it came since it now came in at a different line, or finally end up down the right path, etc.

I have everything setup correctly. Everything is blacklisted as should be and the whole system should be correct. Again it was working just fine the other day and it just randomly stopped. I've tried with other chests and other systems and it won't work either.

It's just a simple storage simple but I've started using Item ducts to replace the transfer to the chests but I still can't get items without going to my system.

Edit: would anyone like to come see it personally? --Scratch that..

Edited by jonahly

To get to the bottom of this, I want a LOT more screenshots.

I want an overview of the entire storage system. I want detail shots. I want a screenshot of the end where you put items in.

Also, try completely dismantling the system and putting it back in. Maybe it just needs to be shook up like that.

I have redone the system several times. Maybe it could be an issue where I'm using a cracked launcher?? Not sure.. If you have a cracked launcher you can come on the server and check it out if you want. Edit: I'm about to record.

Edited by jonahly

"Cracked" or otherwise pirated material is where we stop helping. The technic launcher is free to download assuming you have a legitimate account with Minecraft to log in with. If not, buy the game, I doubt you will find support if people find out you are not using a legitimate system.

I hate buying an account more than once, that's just highly annoying. If you can't help me with the modpack that you all are so apparently skilled with then what am I to do? I have had so many issues with Attack Of The B-Team and it doesn't matter whether cracked or not. I always have issues with ProjectRed-Transportation and in-game sounds. Is Technic Launcher open-sourced software?

Edited by jonahly

What do you mean, "more than once"?

That seems to be an issue you should be taking up with Mojang.

At any rate, IF you can provide a reasonable explanation for my question above, you can then provide the things I need to help you out.

What do you mean, "more than once"?

That seems to be an issue you should be taking up with Mojang.

At any rate, IF you can provide a reasonable explanation for my question above, you can then provide the things I need to help you out.

Just tell me what you need.