Entered a dimensional door... and no way out from Limbo

Don_Thate

So I stumbled across a Rift into a temple, and naturally had to take a look. Stupidly, and after passing through several additional Dimensional Doors, I died.

Now, I'm new to modding in general but have identified that I am now in 'Limbo'. According to everything I've read:

- I start off falling and then hit the ground

- I can escape either through another rift or by reaching the bottom of Limbo (and 'falling' through it)

The kicker is this: every time I hit the ground, I have time to mine maybe four blocks deep before I'm teleported to the top and fall all over again. I understand that the Monoliths may be responsible for this, but I either don't have any or they're not rendering properly. Each teleport is preceded by a hiss, and a very thunder-like boom.

Anyone else experienced this? Were you able to escape? At this rate I'm not above putting Inventory into Cheat Mode if I can get out of here somehow.

When you're in Limbo, how close are you to the monoliths? If you can keep a sufficient distance they shouldn't be able to teleport you, and as far as I'm aware once you get into Limbo itself they should take much longer than just a few seconds to fully open their eyes (which is when they start to teleport you).

For some reason, "Monolith" is what those eyes are called. They teleport you when you get too close to them, so you need to find your way while avoiding them. Running should do it, although having a Jetpack vastly simplifies the escape.

For some reason, "Monolith" is what those eyes are called.

They did used to have black monoliths as bodies attached to the eyes, but those bodies seem to be gone now for some reason. I imagine the mod most likely retained the name of the Monoliths for simplicity.

As for the darkness, that seems to just be an inherent trait of Limbo, and to be honest I'm not sure what's teleporting you around Limbo if not the Monoliths; I've never encountered anything other than the Monoliths that has been able to teleport me around.

It's possible that there are Monoliths that you can't see that are teleporting you, since they seem to be able to phase through the terrain; occasionally you can see eyes rising from the ground and such.

If you can't find a way to get to the bottom of Limbo before a Monolith- or something else- is teleporting you, my advice would probably just be to temporarily switch to Creative mode and fly down to the bottom of Limbo. The Monoliths shouldn't be able to teleport you if you're in Creative.

I had a similar frustration last time I was in Limbo. There's just too many Monoliths there now and they kept me down there for a solid 45 minutes while I tried to get to the bottom. 

It's possible, just a huge pain in the ass. Every time I got re-ported to the top I would just start sprinting and jumping off the cliffs again. Moved as quickly as I possibly could and ignored the Monoliths until I got lucky and squeezed past. 

As a sidenote, you will make this all much easier to bear if you craft yourself a >jetpack before starting to explore those dimensions. A Redstone-level jetpack should be fast and manoeuvrable enough to easily escape the Monoliths. The lower-level ones may be too slow, though.

With my Resonant jetpack, I'm flying circles around Monoliths.