Cyanite production

Masked_koopa

I am currently building a fusion reactor using bigreactors turbines as the steam consumers, and was wondering how to get a sufficent amount of cyanite quickly. I do not care about power output, just yellorium --> Cyanite conversion rate. Any tips on how to make a reactor suitable? My current one is 4x4 and is VEEEEERRY slow at making cyanite.

There really isn't a faster way to do it without manually updating the big reactors mod yourself.  The most recent version has a recipe to craft cyanite.

For now, running the reactor hot, and using the least efficient coolant possible(air for example) if you even use coolant, is the only ways to speed up cyanite production.  larger reactors burn through fuel quicker and are more cost effective then several smaller ones.  Also, keeping the reactivity down as low as possible helps.  So having gaps between your fuel rods to reduce reactivity, causes them to burn more fuel.

The current reactor I use is a 9 by 9 by 9 Reactor using, guess what, 9 fuel rod columns each evenly spaced between eachother (1 block gap inbetween each column so you should have 3 rows of 3) and I don't mess with the control rod settings, keep them at 0%. I use Destablized Redstone as my coolant (placed in the gaps between columns). It has a power output of 26,400 RF/t and goes through fuel pretty fast. If you use Water or Air instead then im sure you'll be eating through fuel. I left my reactor running and went to go do something for 15-30 mins and came back to 26 cyanite produced. So not only can you use this to power your base until you get the turbines and fusion reactors up, but you'll also be able to get the cyanite pretty dag on fast. Hope you find this useful!

You need a large passive Yellorium reactor with air as coolant and rods separated for low fertility. Then crank it up, i.e. Control Rods to 0%, and keep enough Yellorium Ingots around. One Yellorium Ingot gets you exactly one Cyanite Ingot. You could let the power go to waste, but you might as well take it.

An example config that will be quite productive: 9x9x9 outer frame, 9 rods arranged like so:

FFFFFFFFF

F0000000F

F0R0R0R0F

F0000000F

F0R0R0R0F

F0000000F

F0R0R0R0F

F0000000F

FFFFFFFFF

F = frame

0 = air / empty space

R = Yellorium Fuel Rod

Lumping the rods closer together will increase heat even further, but also increase fertility, which reduces fuel usage, and consequently also Cyanite production. You want a fuel waster.

Edited by Curunir