Beginner in Tekkit - Power

SulFidD

Hey guys, today I started with tekkit, I was read a very nice guide from a good expert of tekkit which is called Curunir. But I still dont understand electric in tekkit - sources of powers. Can someone say me all sources of powers? For example for Quarry? I was read too topic from this forum too from Curunir ( '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>> ), but still didnt search names of powers. I know only solar paners from Galactic craft and "coal" generator. I was searching a some wind power but in tekkit isnt a mode which give the wind power. In tekkit is very much machines from MineFactory,GalactiCraft,.... but I dont see much powers (sources of it) for this machines.. Iam very sorry for my English in this topic. Thank you in advance for every answer / advice in this topic. SulFidD

• Moderators

Look up all the various dynamos.

Steam, magmatic, bio generators, compression, there are others too.

The Big Reactor mod adds nuclear power, you can make a small reactor fairly early on in the game.

The quarry does not make power, it uses power to mine and give you ores..

Yea, thanks, before I something read it from your newbie guide. So In tekkit source of powers are only coal generator, solar panels and (nuclear) reactors? And can you please tell me name of this "small" reactor? Which can charge quarry?

AetherPirate: I know what querry make. You only didnt understand because my english is bad. I needed only know which source of power is good to connect to quarry. And still need name of this source of power.

I maybe sound like big idi*t, but take a while than I will understand all things from tekkit.

The primary power system is called Redstone Flux (RF), and is produced by the four types of Dynamo.

• Steam Dynamo - runs on solid fuels, the same things that work in Furnaces; needs a supply of water
  • Magmatic Dynamo - runs on lava, needs no water
  • Compression Dynamo - runs on liquid fuels, i.e. Oil, Fuel and Biofuel; needs a supply of water
  • Reactant Dynamo - runs on advanced agents; rarely used

The BigReactors mod also produces RF with its multi-block reactors. They are sometimes called Yellorium Reactors, after the reagent they use, but basically their name is Big Reactors. I describe them in point 17 of my newbie guide, there even is a picture.

A Quarry is one of the older machines that still use the old power system, Minecraft Joules (MJ). There are also still engines in Tekkit that produce MJ, mostly Buildcraft Sterling and Combustion Engines and the Solar Panels from Galacticraft. It is recommended to not use those unless you know what you are doing. Producing RF is enough, you can even power MJ machines like the Quarry with it. Just make sure that you attach the machines via Redstone Conduits, which can and will convert the power as needed.

As for the amount of power a Quarry needs: It varies depending on what it's currently doing, but the peak usage is 60 MJ/t, which equals 600 RF/t. This means fifteen Steam Dynamos, or eight Compression Dynamos, or a few less if you buffer the power. Or simply use the 960 RF/t example reactor that I describe in my guide.

Curunir's guide will answer your question. And your English is quite good. I always admire those who can write / speak another language.

So? English is not my native language, either.

The ones you should admire are those who speak four, five or more languages fluently.

Edited by Curunir

And I have one more question, how called is machine which destroy one ore to two dusts, if you give this dust to furnace you have ingot. In classic tekkit it was Macerator, if is here this machine in this new tekkit say me please her name :(. Thank you

Build them side by side. Or use Fluiducts between them.

Either way, you need to set the intended output side to orange on the Crucible, and the intended input side to blue on the Transposer. If you simply place them side by side, with the Crucible on the left, the default configuration will work.

Edited by Curunir

Thank you, it works! :D And now I need names of pipe which I need from quarry to chest,.. and name pipe which can delete items which I get to this pipe btw. can delete certain items from mining quarry (for example, I want all items which quarry mine but dont want Dirt,Sand,Stone,Cobble,... ) if you understand me.

The name of the pipe you need to move item from your quarry to your chest(s) is called the "Itemduct"  If you do not yet have an "Induction Smelter" machine you should make the "Opaque" version of the "Itemduct."  If you do have the "Induction Smelter" and have the materials to make "Hardened Glass" you can make "Itemduct" - this version lets you see the materials moving through it.

The name of the pipe you need to delete/destroy/permanently remove certain items from your mining quarry is called the "Void Transport Pipe"

Edited by Silmenume

Yea, thanks, before I something read it from your newbie guide. So In tekkit source of powers are only coal generator, solar panels and (nuclear) reactors? And can you please tell me name of this "small" reactor? Which can charge quarry?

AetherPirate: I know what querry make. You only didnt understand because my english is bad. I needed only know which source of power is good to connect to quarry. And still need name of this source of power.

I maybe sound like big idi*t, but take a while than I will understand all things from tekkit.

when i do a quarry i use 3 or 4 combustion generators with one of the orange fluids(i cant think of the name rightg now) and my quarry's run fine on just that

The name of the pipe you need to move item from your quarry to your chest(s) is called the "Itemduct"  If you do not yet have an "Induction Smelter" machine you should make the "Opaque" version of the "Itemduct."  If you do have the "Induction Smelter" and have the materials to make "Hardened Glass" you can make "Itemduct" - this version lets you see the materials moving through it.

The name of the pipe you need to delete/destroy/permanently destroy certain item from your mining quarry is called the "Void Transport Pipe"

you can use golden trnasport pipes also to remove from the quarry to the chest(s)

Thank you, it works! :D And now I need names of pipe which I need from quarry to chest,.. and name pipe which can delete items which I get to this pipe btw. can delete certain items from mining quarry (for example, I want all items which quarry mine but dont want Dirt,Sand,Stone,Cobble,... ) if you understand me.

to delete certain items you will need a diamond pipe and a void pipe

I recommend using BuildCraft pipes ( *Material* Transport Pipe) which uses only glass and a few ingots. You will need: 1 Diamond Pipe (Sorts), 1 void pipe (destroys and items going into it) and some Golden Transport Pipes (you can use cobblestone if you are low on resources). Have 1 golden pipe coming out of the quarry into a Diamond Pipe. Have the void pipe on one side of the diamond pipe and configure the diamond pipe to transport any unwanted materials into the void pipe. Everything else should go into another row of transport pipe into your chest system.

Eventually once you get used to Tekkit, you will end up using just a Chest on top of the quarry and connect the chest with an ME Basic Import Bus into your ME System. That mod is called Applied Energistics if you are interested, includes mass storage and autocrafting at the click of your mouse!

Anyways good luck with your explorations of Tekkit! Dont be afraid to ask questions!