is there an easy way to refill quarry holes.

I play on a decent server but was wondering, is there a way to easily fill in all those quarry holes that seem to pop up all over the place... I would like to fill in the simple 9x9 ones but is there a way to fill up those or even the larger ones as well?

I did try pouring warter and lava into the holes but it only fill about a 5x5x1 section before it became locked in place. Even when pouring the water from the center of the platform.

If you have any suggestions and/or videos, that would be great...

Personally I have only tried quarries once on a server but have seen TONS of holes left by others.

oh yea, and without using //wand or anything that is considered a cheat...

Thanks in advance for any ideas/suggestions.

If you're using EE, get a Mercurial eye, load it with C using a klein star (any size, pretty much, though bigger will last longer) and a piece of dirt/cobble/smoothstone/whatever, and charge it up all the way with V. G will change modes, switch to Creation and start jump-clicking below you (if you have no lag) or clicking up on a wall at height 5. It creates a 9x9 square of whatever is in the GUI, centered on the block you click.

Filling up a regular quarry with this method should be trivial. Filling the larger ones will just take a little longer.

If the quarry holes don't appeal to you and you don't feel like filling them, use IC2's miners and have them backfill, or just go mining yourself.

1 Reactor hooked up to a bunch of Terraformers with flatification patterns in them will fill them in about a week. (I had a 64x64 Quarry, 1xMark 3Reactor with 6 Terraformers took 3days to fill in half the hole (with me being logged in constantly)

I know you don't like WorldEdit but it is there to stop you from spending hours of your life that you will never get back filling useless holes in the ground instead of covering them up... On my server players place a standard quarry anywhere they want, when it hits bedrock I //wand bottom left-top right type in //regen (which puts all blocks in the selected area back to default) and they just reset their quarry.... if building in the ocean isn't an option I find this is helpful, cause it allows small quarries to be effecient, and people don't have to keep moving their setup if they don't want to. (normally 92xRedstone Engines)

I thought the quarry didn't work in lava or water?

Works fine in water, just won't mine anything with lava ontop of it. So mining in the ocean would bypass that hazard completely.

Works fine in water, just won't mine anything with lava ontop of it. So mining in the ocean would bypass that hazard completely.

Oh really? Well thats good.

....Should really try out the new buildcraft stuff...last time I played, everything was run by redstone current, rather than engines.

http://tekkitwiki.co.uk/index.php/Mega_Joules

Nearly equivalent to a steam engine, moves the quarry just fine with no need to continue filling with lava buckets, or trying to get a refinery set up with pipes and pumps for water and fuel. Plus they're cheap and u put a redstone torch next to them and it's completely automatic no need for maintenance.

Ok sure, they are cheap and almost equivalent to a combustion engine but 92 engines is pure madness, hardly easy to move round either, granted pipe waterproofing is a little harder to gather in mass quantities towards the beginning of the game without some serious farming but pipes are cheap, and we still have (for now) Forestry with it's biogas engines which are also cheap and extremely efficient, I have one on a fermenter producing enough biogas to fuel itself and 15 others (so far, can probably add some more with the reserves I have and them not all being used all the time).

Yeah about the time we were gonna start looking into biogas engines Technic confirmed that they won't be keeping forestry so we had to look for alternatives to electrical engines. You only need like 20wooden a 20+ golden conductive pipes to get a basic setup, plus early game with a basic generator-macerator-iron furnance 96 iron is cheap plus all the mats for a quarry. You can be creative, they're called redstone array's, some people go all out, making them look structured and pretty :) I would love to run the IC machines off them, but they're too inconsistent and not even the combustion engines generator enough sustainable EU for machines, let alone a mass fabricator.