Waitig for the 1.3 update! :D

x3kross

So great news everyone! Hopefully hack/mine will be updated to 1.3 version of minecraft (as soon as that comes out) and when it does there will be some major uprooting of the hack/mine mod!

awesome_gif_gif_gif.gif

Everything will be new and sparkly! Bug fixes all around! Aren't you excited? Because I know I am!

Here's to a great game getting even better!

beer2.gif

Cheers!

Wait wait wait! There's two things that I needed to happen:

1. Minecraft to update to 1.3, including improvements to mob behavior in SMP.

2. Lighting bugs to be fixed (possibly in 1.3, possibly not)

Additionally, I'll be waiting for the inevitable bug fix patch to come out, since they don't wait very long for that jazz.

Wait, what the fuck? If you tell me 1.3 is actually releasing soon, I WILL GO INSANE AND THE INCREDIBLE HULK WILL RUN SCREAMING IN FEAR oh my god.

We haven't even got the gods-be-damned 1.2.5 pack out yet. JEB STOP PLAYING

haha I know what you mean, I feel like they have 8 people on their team and it takes less time for a person to come out with a giant mod than it does for them to come out with an update. They need to get focused dammit! >.<

!!!!!!NO OFFENSE MEANT TO BE TAKEN BY THE MOJANG CREW OR IT'S AFFILIATES!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Wait, what the fuck? If you tell me 1.3 is actually releasing soon, I WILL GO INSANE AND THE INCREDIBLE HULK WILL RUN SCREAMING IN FEAR oh my god.

We haven't even got the gods-be-damned 1.2.5 pack out yet. JEB STOP PLAYING

I may be coming out soon, nobody knows, but the update will rape the modding community as we know it, modloader and forge are going to have to be majorly overhauled, most mods are going to have to be recoded, and jakj may be put out of a job, and forced to start raping stupidity.

I may be coming out soon, nobody knows, but the update will rape the modding community as we know it, modloader and forge are going to have to be majorly overhauled, most mods are going to have to be recoded, and jakj may be put out of a job, and forced to start raping stupidity.

It won't be as bad as you say, because Searge is doing periodic snapshot releases of MCP (probably for snapshot 20 or 21 at my guess will be the next). It'll be much less of a raping and much more of a severe trip through a crucible where only the real modders (or the most determined) will survive, and it'll take another month or two after that for a new set of halfassed noobs to fully germinate again.

All-in-all, from a purely theoretical standpoint, the SSP/SMP merging is the best thing that will so far ever have happened to Minecraft modding. The one true snag, though, is that it looks like Mojang's fucking it up as usual, and making our singleplayer laggy. If they can get their asses turned around and find somebody who knows how the fuck to do lagless IPC (you know, like they've been doing in Un*x since around 1974), we'll be alright.

• 4 weeks later...

It won't be as bad as you say, because Searge is doing periodic snapshot releases of MCP (probably for snapshot 20 or 21 at my guess will be the next). It'll be much less of a raping and much more of a severe trip through a crucible where only the real modders (or the most determined) will survive, and it'll take another month or two after that for a new set of halfassed noobs to fully germinate again.

All-in-all, from a purely theoretical standpoint, the SSP/SMP merging is the best thing that will so far ever have happened to Minecraft modding. The one true snag, though, is that it looks like Mojang's fucking it up as usual, and making our singleplayer laggy. If they can get their asses turned around and find somebody who knows how the fuck to do lagless IPC (you know, like they've been doing in Un*x since around 1974), we'll be alright.

what is the use of keeping mods updated with mojangs crappy planning? we had 1.2 updated 3 times in 2 weeks! and they also are still working on the modding API, so you will have to re-write your mods again soon. (in case you didnt know, they've decided NOT to put the modding API in 1.3)

also, is tekkit going to be updated to 1.3 at all if all mods have to be rewriten? they probebly dont have enough time for that...

Asking if tekkit will have a 1.3 update is like asking who will win the superbowl in 2017. We don't even know for sure which teams will be competing, let alone who will have the best shot of making it to the superbowl.

"The East Quebec Dodgers" is about as valid an answer to both those questions at this point...

Asking if tekkit will have a 1.3 update is like asking who will win the superbowl in 2017. We don't even know for sure which teams will be competing, let alone who will have the best shot of making it to the superbowl.

"The East Quebec Dodgers" is about as valid an answer to both those questions at this point...

hmm ok. i guess we have to wait and see. isnr there a way to keep tekkit in 1.2.5? you should be able to add the new stuff like cacaco beans in a "tekkit" mod. this should make sure you dont have to worry about mods getting outdated, and will probebly safe you a hell of a lot of time updating and fixing item id conflicts.

This being the hack/slash section of the forums means this is the wrong place for a tekkit 1.3/1.2.5 (was confused with my first reply cause of the new boards).

But yes, the whole point of the launcher is so you can control exactly what version is on your computer. It won't screw up your tekkit by downloading the 1.3 minecraft and trying to stuff non-updated mods into it.

This being the hack/slash section of the forums means this is the wrong place for a tekkit 1.3/1.2.5 (was confused with my first reply cause of the new boards).

But yes, the whole point of the launcher is so you can control exactly what version is on your computer. It won't screw up your tekkit by downloading the 1.3 minecraft and trying to stuff non-updated mods into it.

ok. yea sorry i kinda got off-topic. but i was just wondering this and you guys seem to know the answer to my questions :/