[FIRST] I liek tekkit eta on update plz #postinthisthreadifyouagree

Dear, Technic Forums Administrators, Moderators, Janitors, Developers, Users, Clan Leaders, Trolls, Hobgoblins, Rouge AIs, and the Avengers.

Hello, as I had read up on the rules, in an attempt to bring myself up to speed on what is acceptable and non acceptable in this forums I had come across one rule which in my case, could get my banned. However, In my lifetime on the internet, I've only seen two forums in which introductions were discouraged. One of which would be the Technic Forums, and the other of of which was mentioned may go procreate anally with a pineapple. In light of this, I thought to myself, "Hath thine forums in which I have stumbled across tax those who wish to make introductions?" "I scoff at such a notion, for this is merely an obstacle that must be lapsed, I shall quicken them of their error"

To elaborate, An introduction helps one to establish one's self into a new community, in all sorts of cultures, an initiation rituals are sometimes highly encouraged, but sometimes required, by groups. However, in simple situations, like perhaps a college classroom, an English instructor, asked us to give our name, and one word to describe us. This worked wonders on the classroom environment, and made it feel like a group, rather then a small rag-tag group of college hopefuls.

Hello, my name is Karth Snider, and my word is Happy.

Citations, laugh at it if you will.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Initiation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greeting

"Hath thine forums in which I have stumbled across tax those who wish to make introductions?" "I scoff at such a notion, for this is merely an obstacle that must be lapsed, I shall quicken them of their error"

Nay, for we do not partake of 'introductions', nor do we entertain the notion of 'signatures' or 'not reading the stickies'. Pray, perhaps one should remain in the shadows and observe the community by and large for signs of 'introductions' before creating such a thread?

Hm. This thread breaks at least three rules, but i can't help but like it.

The main reasoning behind that rule (i think, since i didn't make it.), was to discourage low effort topics. This is clearly not a low effort post.

To everyone else reading this: That is not an invitation to spawn a million threads with nothing but "hi im donglord37XXxxXX"

*snip* Rouge AIs *snip*

Why, oh why, can't I find a picture of a pinkish cartoon-style circuit board when I need one?

Also, the rule is "No thoughtless posts." Clearly, you put some thought into this post. However, you're not really contributing anything to the forums unless you also make some topical posts after introducing yourself. Finally, an introduction does nothing if you don't tell us about yourself, including some relevant skills, experiences, or other data that might make you a member of the community.

What am I agreeing with by posting in this thread?

*Edit: This ^ is what I get for taking too long to type my post. Ninja posted not once or twice, but 3 times.

Hm. This thread breaks at least three rules, but i can't help but like it.

The main reasoning behind that rule (i think, since i didn't make it.), was to discourage low effort topics. This is clearly not a low effort post.

To everyone else reading this: That is not an invitation to spawn a million threads with nothing but "hi im donglord37XXxxXX"

Respect is something that many people lack, I'm terribly sorry for the thread title, I felt if I was breaking at least one of these rules, it would only be a test to see if breaking other rules along with it would invoke the wrath, or laughter of the moderators. So with the original post of this thread, comes the last* of my childish mockery of those rules. I hope that I can enjoy and prosper during my time on these forums. Save if the moderators are indeed hard-asses, which is acceptable as these are not *my* forums, and I shall show full respect of that.

* Edit, Reason; Forgot the "s".

The mods here ARE hardasses, when it comes to effort. You don't seem to be an effort problem though.

As for the title, most of the regulars here can see [sarcasm] tags just fine, so it was funny.

I'm not a hardass, I'm the nice moderator :3

I'll still ban the fuck out of you if you break the rules, but I'll do it in a nice way.

I'm one of the moderate mods. I will ban you, fast, but thats the end of it. Cheapshot though, Cheapshot will desecrate the body and hang it on the walls.

I'm one of the moderate mods. I will ban you, fast, but thats the end of it. Cheapshot though, Cheapshot will desecrate the body and hang it on the walls.

I like this person you refer to as "Cheapshot". Perhaps one day we will meet on the fields of Justice, where there, we shall duel like gentlemanly barbarians, ripping each other's skin off in the most elegant of fashions. All while we shout the deep and meaningful poems of battle at each other.

"Thou hath thine's Golem Buff! You shall return it to my this instant or face my wrath!"

"No, you merely have one too many burning twigs up your arse."

I'm not a hardass, I'm the nice moderator :3

I'll still ban the fuck out of you if you break the rules, but I'll do it in a nice way.

One can remove "fuck" from an individual via a strong arm and a good swing with a hammer of banishment? Fascinating! Or where you referring to intestines and internal organs?