What are the crops used for?

Thanks for the quick response guys (or girls), I read the wiki, but the only thing it says is "Crop blocks are used by the agriculture system to create hybrid crops.", so does anyone know somewhere else I could find out how to use them or would anyone be willing to teach me?

xardas, i get you are just trying to help, but could you be a bit less dicky about it? IC2 crops are confusing, annoying, and sometimes downright nonsensical. First off, I am pretty sure you plant two types of seeds on the crop stick thing, and then when they grow, it has a chance of producing a different plant. I have no idea how this works, so good luck with it!

Close, till 3 squares of earth in a row, make sure they are hydrated. Put crops on the two end ones, plant any seeds you have on them, most will work, then place a crop in the center block twice. It will look like a cross of sticks. Now a cross bread will grow in the middle cross crop. It has a chance to be weed so watch out. Farming is fairly complex so reading through the IC2 forum or watching youtube vids are your best bet. Like TC a lot of the mechanics are deliberately left secret so you have to figure it out for yourself :-/

Another thing don't expect things like waterwheat from crossing watermellons and wheat. It a time consuming back breaking mind numbing thing to do that will frustrate you to the point of screaming obscenities at your monitor.... But if you can get through it all and create some of the better plants they will reward you with Iron, Gold, and Glowstone and when Tekkit 3.0 arrives BEER AND RUM MUAHAHHAHAHAHA..... Just don't drink to much alcohol poisoning is very possible in this game :3.

xardas, i get you are just trying to help, but could you be a bit less dicky about it? IC2 crops are confusing, annoying, and sometimes downright nonsensical. First off, I am pretty sure you plant two types of seeds on the crop stick thing, and then when they grow, it has a chance of producing a different plant. I have no idea how this works, so good luck with it!

at some point you need to place 2 crop sticks in the same place to create something that breeds adjacent plants using the cross breeder. Then turn stuff into seeds, analyze, and a bunch of other stuff.

Pretty sure xardas wasn't being a dick when he linked the wiki article because one of the wiki articles for crop stuff has a link to the forum for the crop system that contains several comprehensive guides on breeding crops. Maybe the OP should have a look in there.

But if you can get through it all and create some of the better plants they will reward you with Iron, Gold, and Glowstone and when Tekkit 3.0 arrives BEER AND RUM MUAHAHHAHAHAHA..... Just don't drink to much alcohol poisoning is very possible in this game :3.

...or as a result thereof.

;p