World turning to snow!

mrdare360

Question

Help,

Launcher/pack Version:Tekkit 2.1.1

Operating System:windows 7 home premium 64 bit

Version of Java:Java se 7 / Java SDK 6

Description of Problem:my world is turning to snow and ice and if i travel too far i come across terrain that have been sliced in half!

Error Messages:None There aren't any errors in my server log.

Link to pastebin of log:None

18 answers to this question

This is a know problem. It's not tekkit. The World generator have issues when you generate terrain too far away. This kind of area is called Badlands, and even vanilla servers generates strange stuff when in badlands. Effects when deep in Badlands: Heavy Server Lags, Map corruption, Plugin Crashes (Logblock, worldguard, worldedit as i know) and other wired stuff.

Wild guess here: OP is living in a tundra/tiaga biome and doesn't like it, walked away and came across a chasm, panicked and posted.

Certain biomes have snow in them. Even if you clear the snow, the next time it rains the snow will cover the ground again. Your option if you do not like it is to move to a different biome.

You can press F3 to see what biome you are in. Snow in snow-type biomes is not a bug.

Chasms are naturally formed features of the landscape, like the grand canyon. They are great for finding ores and getting deep into the earth quickly.

nope, not the badlands. Also, have you had this world long? your biomes probably switched around during an update. They do that.

I updated my server from 2.0 to 2.1.1 a couple weeks ago, is that why?

Guess im just gonna hook up some terraformers then :D

1: what r badlands?

2: this should also explai the half mountais, your chunks got corrupted an the selected the first biome in the code: tundra.

You sir, are very close to a probation for shitposting.

Guest fondelaar

This is a know problem. It's not tekkit. The World generator have issues when you generate terrain too far away. This kind of area is called Badlands, and even vanilla servers generates strange stuff when in badlands. Effects when deep in Badlands: Heavy Server Lags, Map corruption, Plugin Crashes (Logblock, worldguard, worldedit as i know) and other wired stuff.

just worried about this: how far can i go till i get in badlands?

just worried about this: how far can i go till i get in badlands?

You could travel for months, literally, and not get to the badlands. You know how minecraft is "8times the size of the earth"? you have to get to the edges of that to find the badlands.

The Badlands are millions of meters away, 32 I think. Assuming 4 m/s walk speed (and you had enough food, so you'd probably have to stop), your map file would be freaking enormous, and you'd have spent...about 3 months just continuously walking in a straight line to get there. That's ignoring any obstacles or your unfortunate demise.

The easiest way is teleporting.