Debate: RedPower!

perpetualgamer

IMO, anything that could even remotely be classed as copied, or even taken precedent from something else, RedPower does better. At first I disliked RP and used BC because it was easier. Once I learned more about RP I found that it was indeed much better for me.

Chickenbones cops just as much as Eloraam because of NEI and the new wireless redstone, both of which IMO also do it better than the 'copied' mod.

If people are upset, it is probably because there is now another mod that is better than theirs by being more efficiently coded, functioning better,is more compatible, has more features, is easier to use etc.

Yeah, I knew it was a mistake coming back to this thread. You morons are probably the same ones who say Terraria is a dirty rotten copy of Minecraft, too.

I really wish there were a way to block certain threads from showing in the "new replies" list.

Just so everyone is clear, I've come to grips with the reality over the terms of this thread and other methods. I agree that Eloram is not copying, I agree that her "version" of things is usually better. I also agree that this is a good thing for the minecraft community. I was incorrectly judging her based on things she doesn't do. I was tainted from the start by FC and then pursued a line of questioning that while made sense in my head, after research and hearing some things from you guys I find to be incorrect.

For what it's worth, as the OP, since i've gotten my two sense from this, and no one else seems to want to play well together. I will be requesting that this is closed and moved to the whalebox. Thank you all so much for you help.

Sorry to answer this thread after perpetulgamer has asked for it to be killed but I would like to add something that I don't think anyone else has.

Many of these modders are learning their craft as programmers, where they get their inspiration from is less important than the effort and skill that goes into their creation. I have no idea whether Eloraam is 4500 years old and worked on Stonehenge or whether she is a talented teenager, she has made real progress as a programmer and done it in such away as actually helps others by her participation in forge.

A similar argument goes on in almost every field of human endeavour. I can just imagine it now "You morons are probably the same ones who think Ug's cave art is a copy of grunt's cave art."