How can I get rid of stinking creepers!!!!

I recently started a server for me and my brother. However, I have never been a fan of creepers and they seem MUCH worse in multiplayer. I know there are mods like Safe Creeper that you can use to remove them from Bukkit servers, but I tried installing it on here and it does not work. Here is the one I tried:

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/safe-creeper/

Now I read somewhere that apparently the reson it will not work is becuase you need mods that are made for a particular version of Craft Bukkit. However, the version I read on the server screen is version 1.1 R-4 b19. The problem is I cannot find a version of Safe Creeper that is for that version of Craft Bukkit. Does anyone know of another way to remove creepers? I would settle for simply removing their ability to destroy terrain and less damage to players or something, the terrin destroying is what really ticks me off. I am a bit of a perfectionist and I simply cannot stand building things and having those things breaking them all the stinking time. Help!

Also, as for editing permissions, I don't understand what I am doing. I tried reading the link you linked and its far beyond anything I can comprehend. I can't believe something so simple like stopping the most annoying thing in Minecraft is so hard. Youd think you could just drop a file into the server plugin folder and it would be able to fix something like that. We may just have to live with them I guess. It is gonna make our playing alot less fun though.

Yeah.. You have to configure the Permissions to work. If all protections are on by default, you could do literally nothing anymore, because it's all protected. In PEX you have to create groups and set up the permissions you want for it. Maintaining a server isn't as easy as you probably think. You only didn't see that coming when you did setup your server, did you? Well, that's almost always the case with servers. No matter what they do, the configuration has always loads of options you've to go through if you wanna be serious. You can't just drag and drop shit and presume it will work fine immediately after that.

No you would not have to start from scratch, just replace the Tekkit.jar, WorldEdit.jar and WorldGuard.jar with the ones supplied, you will not lose config or world data.

Permissions can be confusing, i have never looked into the permissions of bukkit, i know how to use GroupManager though if you feel you would rather use that let me know and i will happily help you setup your permissions :)

I found a mod that fixes our creeper issue. It's called Creeper Control. Works wonders! I was thinking of adding MCmmo to our server too as that sounds kind of fun. I also switched over to those files you linked Alien, just to be safe. Thanks for the info guys! So far both my threads have been replied to with amazing speed and everyone is very nice, which is a rarity on internet forums.

I installed a plugin called AntiZombie that allows you to configure regions where specified mobs won't spawn. I then defined my serrvers "civilised" areas so that Creepers, Skeletons, Zombies and Spiders won't spawn in this area but everyplace else. Use the version linked below. The newer version is for a newer Bukkit build.

http://cloud.github.com/downloads/bb-generation/AntiZombie/AntiZombie.jar

Took some effort to get the config right, very poorly documented, and example generated by the code is incorrect. Here is the config that is working for me:

area:

area0:

entities:

- Creeper

- Zombie

- Skeleton

- Spider

x0: -63

y0: 62

z0: 120

x1: 173

y1: 128

z1: 379

world: Tekkit

area1:

entities:

- Creeper

- Zombie

- Skeleton

- Spider

x0: 174

z0: 120

x1: 299

z1: 319

area2:

entities:

- Creeper

- Zombie

- Skeleton

- Spider

x0: -10

z0: 276

x1: -68

z1: 138

I recently started a server for me and my brother. However, I have never been a fan of creepers and they seem MUCH worse in multiplayer. I know there are mods like Safe Creeper that you can use to remove them from Bukkit servers, but I tried installing it on here and it does not work. Here is the one I tried:

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/safe-creeper/

Now I read somewhere that apparently the reson it will not work is becuase you need mods that are made for a particular version of Craft Bukkit. However, the version I read on the server screen is version 1.1 R-4 b19. The problem is I cannot find a version of Safe Creeper that is for that version of Craft Bukkit. Does anyone know of another way to remove creepers? I would settle for simply removing their ability to destroy terrain and less damage to players or something, the terrin destroying is what really ticks me off. I am a bit of a perfectionist and I simply cannot stand building things and having those things breaking them all the stinking time. Help!

Hi, I'm the plugin developer of Safe Creeper and I was just asking what version you are really using (Craft Bukkit server), you could check it using the command '/ver'. Safe Creeper should work with all craft bukkit version above 1.2.5-R1.2. Or is there any other thing that didn't work, please tell me.

Oh, and for more support, post the problem on the page of Safe Creeper next time :)

Tim Visée