But, what about Balkons?

I always thought that Balkons Weapon Mod was a brilliant feature and an almost essential for the mod pack. I was just wondering why It got removed off the mods list. On the older version of tekkit it works fine? Any Help Here?

• Forum Administrators

Because newer versions are not as clean as we like, stable, or useful. Lots of server operators had issues with certain plugins because of how Balkon's was made, since they don't count as vanilla weapons for lots of plugins.

Basically it didn't satisfy our 'quality quota' and has been removed in Tekkit.

maby now its the time to add SDK guns mod, they are a little bit Over Powered, but if I remember right you could turn dow the damage done from the bullets, and they are a bit more industrial.

PS: i think someone sugested this before and the answer was "maby"

Balkon's weapon nooo!! why :(

Because newer versions are not as clean as we like, stable, or useful. Lots of server operators had issues with certain plugins because of how Balkon's was made, since they don't count as vanilla weapons for lots of plugins.

Basically it didn't satisfy our 'quality quota' and has been removed in Tekkit.

I'm a assuming that if I was to install it as a plugin for my server, it would have a seizure, fill the GUI with errors, then crash violently?

Or will it do the impossible and succeed in having all its item ID's openly compatible with (as vanilla as a mod-pack can be) Tekkit?

• 1 month later...

According to the poll on the thread, I can assume he will be using PlayerAPI in the next version, it may relieve the bugging and all, but it may not help compatibility. Still very sad, I always loved Weaponmod, the guns fit the theme of MC and the melee weapons were plain awesome.

SDK Weapons could work (balance/theme wise) but all the times I have seen it the weapons seem really overpowering.

According to the poll on the thread, I can assume he will be using PlayerAPI in the next version, it may relieve the bugging and all, but it may not help compatibility. Still very sad, I always loved Weaponmod, the guns fit the theme of MC and the melee weapons were plain awesome.

SDK Weapons could work (balance/theme wise) but all the times I have seen it the weapons seem really overpowering.

What? What is this? Just another random necropost?

Hey, guy, I'm fairly sure this thread isn't relevant anymore. I seem to vaguely recall it being mentioned that there's a rumour around that supposedly Balkon's might be back in Tekkit, in the dev build.