Iron Fences and Magnetizers

How exactly do I get Iron Fences and Magnetizers to work? I have a LV Solar Array put next to a magnetizer, and there's a stack of 6 iron fences on top of that, and it's supposed to bring me up and down quickly.

Down works just fine, but up doesn't work. Yes, I'm wearing Iron Boots. It just doesn't work. The array gets sunlight, but 9 out of 10 times, I don't get transported up. I've tried putting a powered magnetizer on the top of the fence as well, and it worked once and then it stopped working.

How do I make it work?

At first I managed to fix it by attaching a timer on 0.2 to the magnetizer but that doesn't seem to be working anymore for some reason. Right clicking still does, but it kinda takes the essence of it being an elevator out of it.

But then you need a Minecart. I need something on foot. And I just plain don't like having to put carts down all the time. I want a light, efficient and foolproof system.

MINECARTS! OH NOEZ WHERE DO WE GET THEM FROMZ!

Bro, Use a button connected to a cart dispenser.

Ifs thats not foolproof then you must suffer from a recent blow to the head.

Thanks for giving us an alternative, but that is not what we wanted. Sorry, you were not the savior of the day, better luck next time.

I have a better way than all of you >:3

>Create Energy Collecter and Energy Condenser

>Make Energy Condenser create coal

>Pipe coal to Generator attached to magnetiser

>Win

(Tested this in my own world and it works fine - the magnetiser's probably feeling a little underpowered.

I have a better way than all of you >:3

>Create Energy Collecter and Energy Condenser

>Make Energy Condenser create coal

>Pipe coal to Generator attached to magnetiser

>Win

(Tested this in my own world and it works fine - the magnetiser's probably feeling a little underpowered.

try using charcoal instead? I think it has the same burn time

Adding a bat-box should fix it. It'll let you ride up no problem. Also, if you're using the same pole to move up and down, you'll find that once you get it working, you'll only be able to go up. You could just take off your boots, but having a separate, unpowered pole next to the powered one makes for smoother travel. Or you could just use trampolines (for downwards travel), but that's a personal preference.

As for powering it, I've found using 4 water-mills and a bat-box makes for a nice "fire and forget" setup. Yes, it's expensive, but not nearly as expensive as using energy collectors and it works on EE-banning servers.

Also, @JaffaCakeMan: I get why you like your elevator rails, but, in my opinion, magnetizers win-out, in my opinion, for one major reason; they can launch you 5-6 blocks into the air if you set them up right (20 fences on top of a magnetizer). Combine that with a floating platform (with water in the middle in case you miss), and you've got a much more interesting way to travel.

It's not for everyone though. I like it, but that one set-up killed my friends more than a couple times whenever they tried to visit.