Treecapitator for SMP

I just read that a fan has compiled a Treecapitator version for servers, which is much better than Choptree in my opinion. The port is based off of the single player version, and so will likely contain the same config options to destroy/drop leaves. perhaps if the port is successful, we may see it included in a future version of tekkit. the link to the page is:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1009577-125-daftpvfs-treecapitator-smp-now-ingameinfo-crystalwing-startinginv-floatingruins/

Note that this page is linked from the original post of Treecapitator. According to his page, he is on hiatus and the new thread will contain all future updates. As such, the port can be considered official.

• 3 weeks later...

I have good news, that's why I bump this little thread. Treecapitator now uses Forge properly. I tested the mod with success in Tekkit 3 as well in minecraft which I've modded myself very recently with the newest Forge available, which is very nice BTW. You don't need Modloader, ModloaderMP, Audiomod, HD fix and/or 4096IDs Fix anymore. Forge has that all covered now and it works very well. (if you know what you're doing while modding) I love the new Forge. :D

Anyway, back to the topic: I have tested Treecapitator with success in single player, this is because there is no Bukkit version yet. But we are almost there! Hopefully we could kiss ChopTree2 goodbye soon. That's also a fine plugin, but it doesn't break the leaves for you unfortunally.

EDIT: Whoops, almost forgot this: The mod doesn't work with the custom trees from the Tekkit mods. (RedPower, IC2) That shouldn't be a big problem, ChopTree2 doesn't do that as well. No differences there...

I have good news, that's why I bump this little thread. Treecapitator now uses Forge properly. I tested the mod with success in Tekkit 3 as well in minecraft which I've modded myself very recently with the newest Forge available, which is very nice BTW. You don't need Modloader, ModloaderMP, Audiomod, HD fix and/or 4096IDs Fix anymore. Forge has that all covered now and it works very well. (if you know what you're doing while modding) I love the new Forge. :D

Anyway, back to the topic: I have tested Treecapitator with success in single player, this is because there is no Bukkit version yet. But we are almost there! Hopefully we could kiss ChopTree2 goodbye soon. That's also a fine plugin, but it doesn't break the leaves for you unfortunally.

EDIT: Whoops, almost forgot this: The mod doesn't work with the custom trees from the Tekkit mods. (RedPower, IC2) That shouldn't be a big problem, ChopTree2 doesn't do that as well. No differences there...

How in the world did you get the newest version of Forge installed in Tekkit? I tried it and it just booped.

How in the world did you get the newest version of Forge installed in Tekkit? I tried it and it just booped.

If you read my post more carefully, you would have known that I have my own modded Minecraft. Vanilla Minecraft that is. Not Tekkit. You should never update forge in Tekkit.

• 4 weeks later...

TreeAssist could be a bukkit native alternative. It fells trees and leaves immediately and can be configured to automatically replant saplings.

Tools from other mods can be enabled by adding the tool ID to the config file, however there are some problems currently. TreeAssist currently causes an NPE and kicks the user when a mod tool is used while sapling replanting is enabled. A more serious issue is that TreeAssist currently eats the very expensive indestructible tools.

If you want to try this as an alternative I would advise either using only the vanilla minecraft axes or turning off the sapling replanting feature and add only the Ruby, Emerald, and Sapphire axes to the tools list.

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/tree-assist/

(Edit: As with other tree felling mods, non-vanilla trees are not supported.)

Phuriousgeorge,

Which version of TreeAssist are you running? What version of Tekkit server are you running it on? Have you tested all the axes with and without sapling replanting?

I am trying to help track down the problem other Tekkit+TreeAssist users are having and this information would help a lot.

Thanks!

TreeAssist v4.4

I'm running the latest Tekkit server - 3.0.4

I've only ran it with replanting, which is the reason I had changed to TreeAssist from ChopTree2, which was also working.

Side note (guess I was tired and missed a part of your post before): I don't have it set up to use the mod items ie: chainsaw, but for me, that's a minor detail my users can deal with until I have time to tweak that too. I had both set up to cause durability loss = felling the whole tree.

The vanilla axes work properly with TreeAssist.

The two major bugs right now are 1) enabling axes added by other plug-ins when sapling replant is enabled causes a Null Pointer Exception and kicks the user with an "Internal Server Error" message and 2) using indestructible axes or non-axe items to fell trees (when enabled in TreeAssist) results in the loss of the indestructible item or stack of items in hand.

As long as you limit TreeAssist to vanilla axes until these bugs are fixed you shouldn't have any problems.