Custom pack trouble

Gentlemanbunny

Ok so I'm new I tried to look at tutorials but I can't figure this out. all mods are compatible and are literally just copied from my Minecraft folder. I feel like there is a really easy and dumb explanation but here goes: Downloaded latest 1.8.9 Forge universal (Pic 5), mods and config was in there as from my Main Minecraft folder(Pic 3/4) It downloads really weirdly though as you can see In Pic 1 All of those folders are empty apart from the top folder which contains basically everything from the zip and the main bin folder which has (pic 5) in it. What am I doing wrong why is this booting as Vanilla and not modded? If there is anymore information needed please let me know.

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

4.PNG

5.PNG

6.PNG

15 hours ago, Gentlemanbunny said:

Ok so I'm new I tried to look at tutorials but I can't figure this out. all mods are compatible and are literally just copied from my Minecraft folder. I feel like there is a really easy and dumb explanation but here goes: Downloaded latest 1.8.9 Forge universal (Pic 5), mods and config was in there as from my Main Minecraft folder(Pic 3/4) It downloads really weirdly though as you can see In Pic 1 All of those folders are empty apart from the top folder which contains basically everything from the zip and the main bin folder which has (pic 5) in it. What am I doing wrong why is this booting as Vanilla and not modded? If there is anymore information needed please let me know.

1.PNG

2.PNG

This is because you zipped the folder containing the required folders. The contents of the ALicraft folder have to be added to a zip, and not the folder containing these folders. (Your situation: Zip -> folder -> required folders | Required situation: Zip -> required folders).

Also...https://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding-java-edition/minecraft-mods/2355152-pig-manure-mod-june-7-2017

1 hour ago, Gentlemanbunny said:

Ok thanks, I thought it might be something really dumb! and thanks for that link I have been struggling to find the original links from the authors for older MC versions and the thousands of clones and stuff :/ 

This link would help you out quite well too. It may not have all the mods, but its great for many older mods. Just select the required MC version. https://bot.notenoughmods.com/