Tekkit lite the way it should have been.

jarjacksn

Galacticraft! No longer would players be limited to earth! Now we could rise up out of the depths into the light, and towards the stars!

I found galacticraft to be a bit disappointing, but it is a good idea and a good addition to tekkit.

Tekkit lite was not bad, but it was out of date with no possibility of an update. It was for our own good that it was ended early. Many of us have already moved on.

It was awesome, but I disagree with your points:

1. Tekkit Lite could have updated: The idea of it (hence the light) was to be for forge and for the newer version of minecraft mulitplayer. It was suppose to be the "new" tekkit. The replacer of Tekkit Classic to rule the new version and update a lot. Or at least it could of. Why did they do this to this poor poor pack. It was so good.

2. How was it "good" that it ended.

3. I know that, but it still has a big following. It has a huge following if you count the endless other user-packs that stemmed from it, including mine.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tekkit Lite.

It was equivalent to a marketing test. See how people would respond to the change of mods. Do you continue to maintain a school project with up to date information after it was handed in? No. You move on to the next, bigger project. That's what Technic has done. Moved on to bigger and better.

The fact is, RedPower is not updated. It was such an integral part of Tekkit Lite it could not have been updated. Minecraft 1.5 added huge stability and feature improvements, and all the modders moved on. It would have been foolish to stay with an older version of Minecraft, without the support of the modders.

I was kidding about FTB, by the way.

It was awesome, but I disagree with your points:

1. Tekkit Lite could have updated: The idea of it (hence the light) was to be for forge and for the newer version of minecraft mulitplayer. It was suppose to be the "new" tekkit. The replacer of Tekkit Classic to rule the new version and update a lot. Or at least it could of. Why did they do this to this poor poor pack. It was so good.

2. How was it "good" that it ended.

3. I know that, but it still has a big following. It has a huge following if you count the endless other user-packs that stemmed from it, including mine.

You do realise that Tekkit is Lite updated, right? It was the only update really available to them. They don't have the power to just decide that a mod should be updated, and updated now, they're at the mercy of the modders. What kind of an "update" could Lite have had other than a world destroying, largely different update with new Worldgen and ores? Would you rather your Lite worlds got bulldozed for the sake of progress than a separate modpack get built to spare you from losing everything and giving you the choice to play like you were?

You say you understand that RP2 and IC2 didn't update, ut you expect the pack to be able to update regardless. Tekkit is how Lite would have been if it had updated, just like Lite was how the original Technic would have been. Mods may have changed, but there was no way to stop that.

Until the Mod API comes out, that is. Ideally mods will be able to update independantly of Minecraft versions. Proof that it's coming: in 13w37a, when using the setblock command, you choose the block based on a string, not an ID #. This is a step in the direction of phasing out ID#s completely. (See Sethbling's spotlight video)

Ahh, so much ninjaing.

Tekkit Lite.

It was equivalent to a marketing test. See how people would respond to the change of mods. Do you continue to maintain a school project with up to date information after it was handed in? No. You move on to the next, bigger project. That's what Technic has done. Moved on to bigger and better.

Yes I kinda agree with what you're saying, but Tekkit 4 is just missing some of the mods I really like and that's why I'm not going to use it: simple.

I really do hope IC2 and RP get updated so they can be added to the new Tekkit. But I am always going to miss railcraft.

You do realise that Tekkit is Lite updated, right? It was the only update really available to them. They don't have the power to just decide that a mod should be updated, and updated now, they're at the mercy of the modders. What kind of an "update" could Lite have had other than a world destroying, largely different update with new Worldgen and ores? Would you rather your Lite worlds got bulldozed for the sake of progress than a separate modpack get built to spare you from losing everything and giving you the choice to play like you were?

You say you understand that RP2 and IC2 didn't update, ut you expect the pack to be able to update regardless. Tekkit is how Lite would have been if it had updated, just like Lite was how the original Technic would have been. Mods may have changed, but there was no way to stop that.

By updating/working on Tekkit Lite I mean just, for now, fixing bugs, changing configs, adding a few new mods, and such. But what other people are saying is true, that Tekkit Lite was an experiment and Tekkit 4 is basically Tekkit Lite. But since to Redpower, IC2, forestry, railcraft and such I don't really like it. It's kinds the modders fault.

Until the Mod API comes out, that is. Ideally mods will be able to update independantly of Minecraft versions. Proof that it's coming: in 13w37a, when using the setblock command, you choose the block based on a string, not an ID #. This is a step in the direction of phasing out ID#s completely. (See Sethbling's spotlight video)

Ahh, so much ninjaing.

Modding API? Independent of Versions? NO MORE IDS? OHHHHH YEAAAH i've been waiting for this forever.

Yes I kinda agree with what you're saying, but Tekkit 4 is just missing some of the mods I really like and that's why I'm not going to use it: simple.

Please don't call it Tekkit 4- it isn't. Whether you use it or not is obviously up to you.

By updating/working on Tekkit Lite I mean just, for now, fixing bugs, changing configs, adding a few new mods, and such. But what other people are saying is true, that Tekkit Lite was an experiment and Tekkit 4 is basically Tekkit Lite. But since to Redpower, IC2, forestry, railcraft and such I don't really like it. It's kinds the modders fault.

But continuing to work on a 1.4 pack would be a total waste of time. What more is there to do?

I really do hope IC2 and RP get updated so they can be added to the new Tekkit. But I am always going to miss railcraft.

These mods will not be added back into Tekkit, even once they update.

Modding API? Independent of Versions? NO MORE IDS? OHHHHH YEAAAH i've been waiting for this forever.

We all have! :D

You have no idea how true this statement is...

I think they originally announced it around... Minecraft Beta 1.8? Hopefully it's actually getting somewhere now though - version independent mods would make modpacking so much easier...

I think they originally announced it around... Minecraft Beta 1.8? Hopefully it's actually getting somewhere now though - version independent mods would make modpacking so much easier...

Word is, it'll be a whole in-game service with an "App shop". Things are actually happenening now, thank goodness. The "great code refactoring" of 1.3, making singleplayer into multiplayer was a major step on the way, and the reason they anounced the API for 1.3 and then pushed it back indefinantely was because they didn't realize that they had even more to do after that. I think a possible early-beta of the API was (tentatively) anounced for 1.7 the same time the terrain updates were in a mojang Panel at some gaming convention.

It would be soooo easy without item and block ids. No ID conflicts ever. I can't wait to see what Tekkit will look like after this update. IT could have like 100 mods and they all work perfect.

Word is, it'll be a whole in-game service with an "App shop". Things are actually happenening now, thank goodness. The "great code refactoring" of 1.3, making singleplayer into multiplayer was a major step on the way, and the reason they anounced the API for 1.3 and then pushed it back indefinantely was because they didn't realize that they had even more to do after that. I think a possible early-beta of the API was (tentatively) anounced for 1.7 the same time the terrain updates were in a mojang Panel at some gaming convention.

I can't wait until you can log onto a server with any mods on the serverside and then you can play on it. Like the client would download all the server's textures, settings and mods.

So anyway... would you guys at least try my modpack and tell me if you like it? Be expecting an update in under 5 days to version 1.3. I'll add a few mods and fix some things. You can suggest some mods if you want. I just want feedback on my pack, regardless if you think "Tekkit 4" is better.

I WANT AN UPDATE TO 1.5! 1.4 SUX! I NEED MY HOPPERS!

Besides, I already made a pack that was pretty much this but 1.5. I like to be up to date.

Theres at least 5 tekkit items that do the same thing as hopper, excpet better. And 1.5 can't have "pretty much" the same stuff. It's aint got none rp3 and ic2. #TekkitLite #Technic #Minecraft #JebSucks #1.4.7 #ModdedMinecraft #tekkit

jarjacksn start using the edit button.

Also, I just took a look at project red and while a noble effort, I question the sanity of the license MrTJP created.

No modpacks without written permission (only popular packs need apply) and no modifying the source except to submit improvements to him? He already has the code open for view, why not just make it open source entirely and ensure his replacement can never go the way of RP2?

Hmm. I never look to closely at the lisence, I admit. My pack is a private one, but I imagine if CanVox asked for permission (Never said the written permission had to be publicly avaliable =P) it could get into Tekkit of BigDig.

I agree it would be better to be fully open source, but I can understand a desire to be in contol of the source. Shouldn't let us look at it then, though.

Please don't call it Tekkit 4- it isn't. Whether you use it or not is obviously up to you.

Man I'll call it Tekkit 4 all I want because that's a good name and it makes sense.

These mods will not be added back into Tekkit, even once they update.

I thought you said they could be. WTF. Please explain why they, for some reason, wouldn't add them if they could. That is a sickening thought.

jarjacksn start using the edit button.

Also, I just took a look at project red and while a noble effort, I question the sanity of the license MrTJP created.

No modpacks without written permission (only popular packs need apply) and no modifying the source except to submit improvements to him? He already has the code open for view, why not just make it open source entirely and ensure his replacement can never go the way of RP2?

Edit button? You some kind of neeeerrrrrddddd.

I added a dev build of IC2 and will add Project Red.

And no, there is nothing quite like a hopper in Tekkit Lite. The buildcraft Chute isn't as good.

Yes, there is. Not only buildcraft chute, but also that one red-power machine (i forget its name its fairy common) and obsidian pipes. I'm sure there are a couple more.

>#JebSucks

...rude...

It's true.

Notch: Improves the core game mechanics and develops it, codes slowly, taking time to his decisions, created minecraft by himself, has the best ideas for its future. Almost always has good improvements, but takes a while to do it.

Jeb: Doesn't really improve the base game itselft, just throws more and more content on top of it. Most of this content is useless or peices from popular mods (done worse then them). Updates Minecraft so fast spamming new content that mod makers can't keep up. Is good when alongside Notch, but not on his own. Needs to take his time and fix bugs.

Man I'll call it Tekkit 4 all I want because that's a good name and it makes sense.

I thought you said they could be. WTF. Please explain why they, for some reason, wouldn't add them if they could. That is a sickening thought.

The fact is, though, its not yours to name and it wasn't named that. Personally, I've decided to call tekkit in general "tekkit" and Tekkit main specifically "Tekkit".

Industrial Craft 2 has shown an inability to provide timely and stable public releases.

RedPower 2's creator has far to much going on in real life to provide timely and stable public releases, and refuses to share her code with others so the community can update her amazing mod. (Eloraam is so protective because red power includes code from her own game.)

The point of Tekkit is to prevent further fragmentation caused by unreliable mod updates.

Yes, there is. Not only buildcraft chute, but also that one red-power machine (i forget its name its fairy common) and obsidian pipes. I'm sure there are a couple more.

It's true.

Notch: Improves the core game mechanics and develops it, codes slowly, taking time to his decisions, created minecraft by himself, has the best ideas for its future. Almost always has good improvements, but takes a while to do it.

Jeb: Doesn't really improve the base game itselft, just throws more and more content on top of it. Most of this content is useless or peices from popular mods (done worse then them). Updates Minecraft so fast spamming new content that mod makers can't keep up. Is good when alongside Notch, but not on his own. Needs to take his time and fix bugs.

I'm not looking for a transposer. I'm looking for a block that can offer a buffer when piping ores into pulverizers, which the hopper excels at.

Do you know why much of the content added by jeb seems a little incomplete? Because the whole team is rewriting the entire game behind the scenes. While you may like Infrequent updates, you are one of the very few.

I'm not looking for a transposer. I'm looking for a block that can offer a buffer when piping ores into pulverizers, which the hopper excels at.

Do you know why much of the content added by jeb seems a little incomplete? Because the whole team is rewriting the entire game behind the scenes. While you may like Infrequent updates, you are one of the very few.

So you're saying modders like it, people who use mods, or mod pack makers? All these people don't like this and neither should you.