Awesome mods that aren't well known

miniboxer

I got this idea after I saw some mods that were making me explode from the awesomeness, but VERY few people knew about. Yes, a lot of them are from the guy who made Wedge and Kataminey Damacraft.

Grey Goo

this is an AWESOME mod. it reminds me of the bacteria mod, and the blue goo mod made by eloraam. It was originally made the wedge guy, but is now managed by another user. My only complaint is that the textures or both ugly, and disturb the shit out of me in highly consumed areas.

VIDEO

Phyzzle

only updated to 1.6.6, sadly, but it is worth the backdate. It layers the jbullet physics engine into minecraft. SERIOUSLY. This is a must see, even if you don't want to use it, or backdate.

VIDEO

MADS

MADS is an acronym for Minecraft Advanced Destruction System. Unfortunately, the textures are terrible, or nonexistence, and another mod originally made by that wedge guy. His programming skill, it rivals Eloraam's. The current 1.2.5 update is unofficial, but still awesome.

VIDEO

The Runic Dust Mod

holy fuck, this mod is amazing. It defies words. just watch the video, it will make more sense. Also, the video is a direwolf video.

VIDEO

I will add more as I find them, or as they are suggested. I really just wanted to get these mods out there, they really are awesome.

I was never a fan of the grey goo mod, but the physics engine looks fun! :D

On the topic of not very well known mods, I find this one VERY interesting. It's called The Runic Dust Mod. Within the mod using various runic dusts and carvings, you make runes with various effects. Right now though the mod is a WIP, but still very impressive in its functionality and has 46 different runes you can make and the developer is making more to add to the mod. I definitely reccomend checking it out: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/950541-the-runic-dust-mod-june14wip-total-balancing-overhaul/

Sorry about posting a full link, but right now I'm on my iPad, and can't really use any of the tools and don't remember the BBcode for links :/

I was never a fan of the grey goo mod, but the physics engine looks fun! :D

On the topic of not very well known mods, I find this one VERY interesting. It's called The Runic Dust Mod. Within the mod using various runic dusts and carvings, you make runes with various effects. Right now though the mod is a WIP, but still very impressive in its functionality and has 46 different runes you can make and the developer is making more to add to the mod. I definitely reccomend checking it out: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/950541-the-runic-dust-mod-june14wip-total-balancing-overhaul/

Sorry about posting a full link, but right now I'm on my iPad, and can't really use any of the tools and don't remember the BBcode for links :/

AWESOME mod, I'm adding that one in a little while, and the bbcode for links is:

<put what you want the text to be here>[/code]

just wondering, does the dust mod work with technic?

Well, Technic uses the Forge API to run all the mods and the Dust mod uses Forge (You would know this if you had read the mod page that I linked). Common sense tells me yes, it would work. but I have no way of making sure except by trying.

That also brings me to something else, there is now FML (no, not F$%@ my life) or Forge Mod Loader, which sort of lumps the two together in an easier to install/use way. Is this going to change Technic significantly? Will this be the godsend to updating Technic?

I meant it more of a simpler way to have forge mods be compatible, Instead of a mod needing to be both Morge and Modloader compatible, It just needs to be compatible with FML alone instead of building in compatibility for a mod and an API. I digress though, this thread is about clever and not well known mods and not the methods of installing mods.