Can you guys add the Aether mod to Tekkit?

Brady5953

Question

Millenaire is shit. Shitty shit that is shitty. Shit.

Aether is incompatible with a large portion of the mods in the Technic Pack. No.

Jesus Christ, I should make a thread of common stupid questions and their usual answers. not like anyone will read it but at least I'll feel useful.

Millenaire is shit. Shitty shit that is shitty. Shit.

Aether is incompatible with a large portion of the mods in the Technic Pack. No.

Jesus Christ, I should make a thread of common stupid questions and their usual answers. not like anyone will read it but at least I'll feel useful.

Well, then how did it make it into technic and yogbox? Plus, you don't have to be Mr. Know-It-All.

Well, then how did it make it into technic and yogbox? Plus, you don't have to be Mr. Know-It-All.

Millenaire probably made it in because at the time it was millenaire VS Minecolony, and minecolony simply didn't function.

Minecolony is now what millenaire could have been, and Millenaire has turned into a lag monster.

Millenaire probably made it in because at the time it was millenaire VS Minecolony, and minecolony simply didn't function.

Minecolony is now what millenaire could have been, and Millenaire has turned into a lag monster.

Well, then couldn't MineColony be added to Tekkit? Or let me guess, is that not compatible too.

Well, then couldn't MineColony be added to Tekkit? Or let me guess, is that not compatible too.

Probably not. Just wait for the SMP/SSP merge to happen. People will most likely HAVE to mod for SMP then, and there will eventually be a decent town mod then.

Probably not. Just wait for the SMP/SSP merge to happen. People will most likely HAVE to mod for SMP then, and there will eventually be a decent town mod then.

Wait, rereading your reply like a week later, what do you mean by the merge of SSP and SMP? Oh no, what has Jeb done now!?

Nono, this is probably a good thing. so long as they don't screw it up in a legendary fashion, this will result in more SMP options, easier hosting for individuals, and probably even better SMP performance.

And mabye make the ability for normal people to make a server, WITHOUT downloading that Hamatchi thing! Yay!

...Are you retarded? You don't need Hamachi to run a server, all you need to do is forward a few ports and run the Minecraft server application.

...Are you retarded? You don't need Hamachi to run a server, all you need to do is forward a few ports and run the Minecraft server application.

Dude You dont have to be a complete asshole, this guy probably doesn't even know what port forwarding is and it used to be only with hamachi so maybe he doesnt know about what you can do now.

Dude You dont have to be a complete asshole, this guy probably doesn't even know what port forwarding is and it used to be only with hamachi so maybe he doesnt know about what you can do now.

Running a Minecraft server has never required the use of Hamachi. EVER.

And I'll stop being rude to idiots when they stop being stupid.

Running a Minecraft server has never required the use of Hamachi. EVER.

And I'll stop being rude to idiots when they stop being stupid.

Get the fuck out we don't need some one coming to bag on people looking for help or asking questions hes not an idiot and your the idiot for calling someone that i hate people like you who go around pissing on others for no reason

And that's how the Fourth World Flamewar started.

Back on subject (And out of the trollish off topic), I'd personally see the Aether mod better along something like Hack/Mine. I don't know for others, but to me, Technic is mostly a mod to make factories, or use EE to make everything easier, like mining, razing a mountain, killing a bazillion of zombies without moving (Ring of Ignition <3). Aether is more a RPG/exploration mod, unlike Technic. I can't really put it into words, but I don't feel like Aether has the same "feeling" or "atmosphere" as Technic, like they wouldn't fit together. Of course, all of this ignores that it's technically impossible to put both of them on the same modpack. Not saying Aether isn't a good mod, I find it amazing.

Get the fuck out we don't need some one coming to bag on people looking for help or asking questions hes not an idiot and your the idiot for calling someone that i hate people like you who go around pissing on others for no reason

You're not from these parts are you?

posting misinformation is a capital offense, particularly when Google would reveal the answer.

Perhaps it was the wrong section to post in, but the user was by far an idiot. I'm pretty sure a simple google-search or two would do the trick and give him plenty of information rather than starting a new bug-report thread, but I too dislike the rude approach by some users here. Granted I'm new, it's a bit of a cold attitude to receive from a ''help'' kind of sub-forum. Just my $0.02 on that.

Regarding other mods being included, the ones you mentioned have already (as you probably gathered between calming yourself) been excluded for very good reasons: Poor code, general incompatibility and lack of interest (perhaps). Tekkit - as I'm most experienced with - has enough bugs as it is and with the upcoming changes in 1.3 (or/and beyond) it doesn't strike me as the best time to try to mix and match up new mods into the pack.

Tiny-editing: I've also heard ''rumors'' that the creators of other mods have simply not wanted their mods in these packs anyway... although that's just something I heard. Nevertheless, read below:

Give it time. If there's compatibility and interest new mods will most likely be included (with time).

The simple solution for the incompatibility of Aether and ANY other mod, is to just put it as a build option on technic launcher like being able to choose between technic, tekkie, hack/mine, yogbox, voxelbox, and vanilla. i'm not joining either side in this battle just saying that google is your best friend for questioning or bug fixes and that arguing isn't going to get anyone anywhere.

The simple solution for the incompatibility of Aether and ANY other mod, is to just put it as a build option on technic launcher like being able to choose between technic, tekkie, hack/mine, yogbox, voxelbox, and vanilla. i'm not joining either side in this battle just saying that google is your best friend for questioning or bug fixes and that arguing isn't going to get anyone anywhere.

Except that KakerMix has stated numerous times that this isn't happening.

look aether is mainly a stand alone mod which would be more yogbox than tekkit, and millenaire is made for ssp and again is more of a yogbox thing, which it is in. if you want millenaire play yogbox. or just install millenaire and aether to your normal minecraft?