RPG modpacks vs Tech modpacks

StormCrow1770

RPG vs Tech  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• RPG modpacks
    • Tech modpacks

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah Im going with the above people saying mixed. Having both allows an interesting set of possibilities; For example, with IC2 your main goal is often to get to the most advanced machinery, so an RPG Quest System could have some quests based around that. RPG styles often influence you to use all aspects of a modpack, something that could get pretty interesting with a technology based pack.

People assume that RPG means "magic". Tech and RPG are not mutually exclusive, aspects we know and love like tech trees are inspired from RPG elements. The best modpacks are the ones that understand how this difference of themes doesn't really matter, what DOES matter is how elements of technological and magical progress are balanced and blend into one cohesive experience for maximum immersion.

Edited by Amaxter

• 2 weeks later...

personaly if given the option I would have voted for both. There was this mod a while ago that I can't remember the name of that had both tech and magic rpg elemtns in it. personaly I like spawning in the mobs in creative mod and testing out the cool weapons and explosions.