should Direwolf20's Minecraft LP Modpack be in the launcher....

minelord

Question

20 answers to this question

• Forum Administrators

Not going to happen. For one, it is no benefit to Direwolf20 beyond ease-of-use for his viewers plus a whole bunch of drama with the community.

Second, we do not trust a specific modder that Direwolf20 still uses for very specific, clear reasons.

Jay? makes me look like a fool! I am so mad! What a complete fucking asswipe!!!!!!~!!!

Also, one other point of interest is that there IS no direwolf20 modpack. There is a "direwolf20 modpack instruction booklet" telling you to do it yourself. Anyone advertising a "direwolf20 modpack" is either misleading you or outright lying.

when i was trying to install Dire's Season 4 Modpack i found it more difficult to do...

if we try get the maker's of the Technic Launcher and Dire wolf it will be easier.....

And if you've paid _any_ attention to his series, you'd know that he is mostly against modpacks, especially ones that are as, err, "loose" with permissions as technic tends to be. *ducks*

Installation instructions - Follow his video.

Notes

• Be sure to add the SparrowApi into the jar folder. This was added after the videos came out.
  • Do not initially install the 3 or 4 mods that were added later in the series.

• Which are these, you ask? Fully read his thread. They are spelled out in the Mod Updates/Additions spoiler section

[*]Once you have the "base" install working, then install the others.

• INSTALL ONE AT A TIME! IMPORTANT!!!!!
    • Start the game/enter the test world between each of the mods. This will generate the config file.
    • Verify that the block ID in the config matches the one that direwolf shows in his thread
    • For the Nuclear Control mod that was just added, you will need to start minecraft and let it crash. Then, go into the config file and manually update to the new number.

[*]If this is too much work for you, then wait until the next world download.

• As of today (6/21), it'll probably be on 6/22 or 6/23).
    • Direwolf has almost always included the current configuration when he downloads the world

Personally, I think it SHOULD... But can't because of ALL the permissions. (Including Portal Gun which states clearly on the thread

"Q: Can I add this mod into a mod pack?

A: Sorry, but I do not allow this mod in mod packs, other than AMCO by Arrrg and FTB modpack by Slowpoke."

So we can't. That's an important part of the pack, Especially if you watch his videos.

there is not mod pack i know but if he makes a mod pack for current season that will make a cool pack that might be better then Technic & yogbox...

I'm very sure that he won't bother to make any modpacks. So don't hope on it.

Smart people are smart enough to install mods on their own, like I did. Others ask others to make it for them.

The great thing about Direwolf is that he makes straightforward and useful tutorials. Go to the minecraft forum page for season 4, follow all the links and download all the mods, and watch his installation tutorial.

I'm hardly experienced, and I was able to get it done in under an hour, with downloading all the mods taking the majority of time.

The great thing about Direwolf is that he makes straightforward and useful tutorials. Go to the minecraft forum page for season 4, follow all the links and download all the mods, and watch his installation tutorial.

I'm hardly experienced, and I was able to get it done in under an hour, with downloading all the mods taking the majority of time.

And yet with Technic you get most of Direwolf's mods and it takes less time to install the ones that aren't with Technic!

I have some troubles installing the mods on his thread, it goes to mojang then to a white screen. Any help?

We're not here to offer support for Direwolf20's modpack. Go bug him on YouTube or something.

But just as a basic step: you DID delete META-INF, right?

Or possibly because he has no idea that it exists at all. Direwolf has made it pretty clear that he doesn't approve of modpacks at all.

i have talked to dire personally, he knows it exists trust me, he just doesnt publicly say he supports it, if he did not like it out he would have asked for it to be taken down by now

I highly doubt that. While we don't share many views, Direwolf isn't an idiot. He knows he has no legal ground to ask for a pack to be taken down, and as a public figure, he doesnt even really own his name. Also, the DNS guys are pretty small, of course direwolf knows that there are people out there making modpacks to function with his LP. If they didn't come on here to harass us occasionally we wouldn't have even known about them.

I highly doubt that. While we don't share many views, Direwolf isn't an idiot. He knows he has no legal ground to ask for a pack to be taken down, and as a public figure, he doesnt even really own his name. Also, the DNS guys are pretty small, of course direwolf knows that there are people out there making modpacks to function with his LP. If they didn't come on here to harass us occasionally we wouldn't have even known about them.

i wasn't trying to start anything by that, but he only heard about the DNS version because people asked if he maintained the pack, and we tell them he doesn't support it, i never said he could legally take it down, but all it takes is a simple request, doesn't mean anything has to go legal over a game. Please don't bash me for stating my thoughts, I'm not trying to be the bad guy