Am I the only one playing Tekkit 2.0 on my server?

Stampe77

• Forum Administrators

Sure I get that, but I'm just messing around, not doing any serious builds....

You know how you can't place engines? You 'get' why that is kind of a big deal? Tekkit 2.0 is broken as evidenced at the top of this forum. We are not giving out Tekkit 2.0 clients or servers because trying to support something that is broke as fuck is suicide. There are plenty of ways to get it back up and running, but its not something we support because we value our sanity.

Quit signing your posts. It's pretty obvious you didn't stop by the rules thread. Maybe might want to? Perhaps?

Ok, just read the rules. That is some angry language, seems like you would rather keep the forum as an in-house message board... than trying to encourage a community to talk about the great things you are making.

Copy and paste from rule post:

• [li]Whiney idiot[/li]
    [li]Do I even have my own personality?[/li]
    [li]When did I replace my wit and social interaction skills with a series of shitty .jpg's?[/li]
    [li]It makes you look like a loser. (You might be a loser!)[/li]
    [li]All examples of why you should have been thrown back.[/li]

So you can't sign your post (even if it just a habit from mainly writing emails) but admins can have annoying animated GIF's as avatars?

I'm not asking for and release updates / bug fixes / new features, I haven't even messed around with your package, just not updated it, so I didn't need to "get it back up and running". All I was asking the community was if anyone else was using Tekkit 2.0...

I guess being an admin automatically makes you right, and the rest of us just needs to sit back and learn from your awesomeness!

Oops now I broke the "Don't be a dickbag (A bag of dicks)" rule, but then you broke the "Does your post make you sound like a whiney idiot?" rule :o

I guess I just earned myself a ban :-X

• Forum Administrators

Ok, just read the rules. That is some angry language, seems like you would rather keep the forum as an in-house message board... than trying to encourage a community to talk about the great things you are making.

Copy and paste from rule post:

[li]Whiney idiot[/li]
    [li]Do I even have my own personality?[/li]
    [li]When did I replace my wit and social interaction skills with a series of shitty .jpg's?[/li]
    [li]It makes you look like a loser. (You might be a loser!)[/li]
    [li]All examples of why you should have been thrown back.[/li]

So you can't sign your post (even if it just a habit from mainly writing emails) but admins can have annoying animated GIF's as avatars?

I'm not asking for and release updates / bug fixes / new features, I haven't even messed around with your package, just not updated it, so I didn't need to "get it back up and running". All I was asking the community was if anyone else was using Tekkit 2.0...

I guess being an admin automatically makes you right, and the rest of us just needs to sit back and learn from your awesomeness!

Oops now I broke the "Don't be a dickbag (A bag of dicks)" rule, but then you broke the "Does your post make you sound like a whiney idiot?" rule :o

I guess I just earned myself a ban :-X

Stampe77 is MAD about rules!

I'm not exactly how much internet you've been on, but if you think these rules are angry or harsh, or you are upset that admins have absolute power, then I'm not sure what to tell you. "Other" boards and communities are (almost always) universally terrible. Any other forums that exist out there on the wide world of e-internet communications are horrible masses of cancerous wisdom black holes.

I'd love to hear a response :) :) :)

seems like you would rather keep the forum as an in-house message board... than trying to encourage a community to talk about the great things you are making.

You lost me there. You know what a forum is right? a BBS? Bulletin Board System? It's already an in house message system.

Also, all the strict quality control does is discourage awful conversations, like this one, all the good conversations get to stick around. I should know, I'm here far longer than is probably healthy.

First of all thanks for reading and replying.

KakerMix:

I don't spend a lot of time reading rules on forums. Generally I just try and not make spelling mistakes, be polite, not spam and check that I don't double post.

After reading the rules I got the impression that admins would just tell people to F off if they don't think that same way as them. And I found that the language ( pointed out in the last replay ) made me think that you prejudged your users to be a bunch of idiots with out a life.

The argument that it is ok for this forum to write/express their rules like that because everyone else does it, bring me back to kindergarten, where that was always the argument. ???

I'm well aware of the flame wars and other nastiness of the Internet, but I would rather like if people like your good selves ( Tekkit crew ) who is clearly giving a great deal of your time to create something awesome and share it with us ( humble Tekkit users ) would be welcoming and then if people prove to be consistently idiotic then just ban them.

Sometimes being nice to people is like chock therapy and you get to see the nice side of people :P

Jay? :

Sorry I didn't forget you. Sorry if I lost you. I know what a forum is... I'm old enough to have used BBS on a 14000 kbs modem in a text based client :o

When I wrote in-house, I didn't mean something they run for their own purpose. But a forum where people from the outside was not welcome! ( I could have been a bit clearer )

My problem is still the unfriendly tone of the rules and the way I was told to not sign my name. I normally don't sign my posts, and I wouldn't expect admins to go back and check before pointing it out.

Quality control is a great thing. But it doesn't have to be rude to be effective. I recon that people learn better if you point out their mistakes without assuming they are losers.

Anyway that was enough writing, now for some gaming, BF3 I think, really want to kill someone ;)

- "Was that sarcasm?" Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Quality control is a great thing. But it doesn't have to be rude to be effective. I recon that people learn better if you point out their mistakes without assuming they are losers.
You and I are going to have to disagree on that. Coddling the bad posters only leads to more bad posting. Negative reinforcement is the most effective way to get untrained animals to behave themselves. There are even a few reformed bad posters on this very forum. (I am not one of them, my posts will always be bad.)

Anyway that was enough writing, now for some gaming, BF3 I think, really want to kill someone ;)

If you think this forum is bad, go stroll over to the BF3 forum.

I'm old enough to have used BBS on a 14000 kbs modem in a text based client

Then you should be old enough to know it was 14.4k or 14,400 bits/s, not 14 mega bits/s.

Yes Admins can tell you to F off if they wish, that's one of the best perks.

Someone pisses you off, you swing the banhammer. If you don't like it, don't be there.

If you are gonna be on a forum, not reading the rules, and posting gibberish you can expect people, especially admins, to tell you to get lost. Because you show you don't give a crap either.

If everyone would just read the rules (I mean common it's not like it's a terms & conditions thing, it's only 1 page) hours would be saved daily because people wouldn't have to read ignorant posts, and I wouldn't have to type this enitre message explaining it.

Brilliant, I don't mind disagreeing with you ;) but now at least we know where we stand!

Are you the author of this http://artofmanliness.com/2008/06/03/quit-coddling-your-kids/

No, but I can't say i disagree with him on much. I DO get the feeling that the author is the kind of guy who would emphasize that his male children had to do manly things though. Maybe I'm inferring too much, but that's just what his style and tone remind me of.

• Forum Administrators

I refuse to believe you are an adult in any capacity if you can not see why such strict control is needed in a place like this, and the community this is. You seem to be profoundly confused.

I don't spend a lot of time reading rules on forums. Generally I just try and not make spelling mistakes, be polite, not spam and check that I don't double post.

Congratulations, you are a part of the 1% on the internet forever. This is a good thing and I am not being sarcastic.

After reading the rules I got the impression that admins would just tell people to F off if they don't think that same way as them. And I found that the language ( pointed out in the last replay ) made me think that you prejudged your users to be a bunch of idiots with out a life.

This is where we differ. We will (and do!) tell people to fuck off all the time, but there is always a reason. We absolutely prejudge everyone and assume they are a bunch of idiots without a life, or simply kids. Kids can learn, idiots seldom do. You prove yourself to 'get' it or you aren't going to enjoy your time around here.

The argument that it is ok for this forum to write/express their rules like that because everyone else does it, bring me back to kindergarten, where that was always the argument. ???

Again, I have no idea where the hell you have been but very few boards have clear rules, and even less enforce them. The rules are there to make it a nicer place for the people that want to be here.

I'm well aware of the flame wars and other nastiness of the Internet, but I would rather like if people like your good selves ( Tekkit crew ) who is clearly giving a great deal of your time to create something awesome and share it with us ( humble Tekkit users ) would be welcoming and then if people prove to be consistently idiotic then just ban them.

It has nothing to do with lording over some underclass demanding respect thing and everything to do with a clinical, clean and brutal set of standards. This board is a nice place because we don't take shit, and deal with the shit we do get. Being ignorant isn't an excuse because there are no hidden rules. They are right there for you to read. This board is very different in that regard, because we expect you to at least give a glance over. The signing your posts thing is a minor problem, but it lets us know that the person might expect this board to be like other boards (complete with signatures that take up half the page, stupid e-peen egos and post counts, and terrible cliques) so they get warned.

Sometimes being nice to people is like chock therapy and you get to see the nice side of people :P

It doesn't work that way. Being nice / coddling bad behavior is not the same thing. Being nice is helping people with bug reports, fixing issues people have, making people laugh, highlighting work that people have done. You know, being a decent person. If you read our rules and assume we are megalomania-super-assholes in spite of the work we put into this then you are more ignorant than I thought.

My problem is still the unfriendly tone of the rules and the way I was told to not sign my name. I normally don't sign my posts, and I wouldn't expect admins to go back and check before pointing it out.

This isn't a friendly place to people that don't "get" it, this is done on purpose. The reason we don't like people signing there posts is because its silly, your name is in bold directly to the left of your post. Heck, there is a box around it and everything!

• Forum Administrators

in there website they have the download for tekkit 2.0 but it say the file is not there. :(

You aren't very smart now are you. Maybe check this link, which happens to be stuck to the top of this very forum! I'd love to hear how you missed it.

http://forums.technicpack.net/index.php/topic,765.0.html

Lets sum this up simply. We have a wonderful community here and we have a slightly crude sense of humor. Don't like it, leave. No hard feelings. You're the first to have a big fuss over the rules so I highly doubt it's a big issue. Yes, they are hard on people because the technic teams cares about quality. They would rather be a dick to one person than let that one person be a dick to everyone. If that doesn't make sense, there is no hope for you.

<<<<<Hey Look my signature is over there. That's convenient.