Buildcraft Quarry.

Who ever is hosting that server dose not have the permissions setup right. They need to grant build crafts fake player permission to place and destroy blocks. This also can be due to a badly configured anti cheating plugin that thinks build crafts fake player is cheating and their fore is blocking/baning him.

Note the way build craft works is that it uses a fake player entity to interact with the world in order to work with permission plugins. Which allows server operators to block people from being able to build a massive quarry over a town to grief it.

Who ever is hosting that server dose not have the permissions setup right. They need to grant build crafts fake player permission to place and destroy blocks. This also can be due to a badly configured anti cheating plugin that thinks build crafts fake player is cheating and their fore is blocking/baning him.

Note the way build craft works is that it uses a fake player entity to interact with the world in order to work with permission plugins. Which allows server operators to block people from being able to build a massive quarry over a town to grief it.

So how would I set this up so that it lets the Quarry work?

Remove the plugin, there is no anti-cheat plugin that would like Tekkit. Also read this http://www.technicpack.net/forums/threads/so-you-got-yourself-a-tekkit-server.11260/

I have read that a few times, I realise that it says no to use NoCheat, but as you can even see from my picture. I have myself a hacked client in the top left 'Cheater' there are many clients for Tekkit now that let players no clip through anything and if they use this while on a normal chest it can and will duplicate the items inside.

By the looks of things, it thinks [buildcraft] is trying to use a reach hack, I haven't got much experience with NoCheat, but perhaps give it permission to bypass these checks, or op it to see if that works.

The only way to fix this would be configuring the nocheat plugin to ignore build crafts fake player and allow it to cheat. Otherwise their is nothing that you could do about it as build craft is considered a separate player. So it dose not matter if your using a cheat client or not, the server operator still needs to fix the issue.

Personally I am not aware of how one would go about allowing build craft to cheat or if it would be possible. Their is the option of Oping build craft but that may cause issues with other protection plugins and may not even fix the issue. This is also why it is strongly not recommended to use anti cheating plugins with tekkit as a lot of items work in similar ways by using fake player entities.

• 1 month later...

This is an old thread, however it's one of the main results for Google. So here's the final answer on how to resolve this. As you can see, it mentions "[buildcraft]" in the nocheat, it means this "user" as it is identifying it is trying to place blocks out of Minecrafts default reach. To fix this, add the nocheat bypass permissions node to the user "[buildcraft]" (without quotes.)

or

Simply op the user "[buildcraft]"

Problem Solved.

This is an old thread, however it's one of the main results for Google. So here's the final answer on how to resolve this. As you can see, it mentions "[buildcraft]" in the nocheat, it means this "user" as it is identifying it is trying to place blocks out of Minecrafts default reach. To fix this, add the nocheat bypass permissions node to the user "[buildcraft]" (without quotes.)

or

Simply op the user "[buildcraft]"

Problem Solved.

I solved this a very long time ago, but thank you for still trying.

I solved this a very long time ago, but thank you for still trying.

I suppose I should have been more clear as to why I posted on an old thread.

I posted it because it's the main result for Google, so the likely hood of one clicking on this is great. As the rest wasn't clear and dumb proof enough. Which is why I concluded how to fix it.

• 3 months later...