Server Question

Gatorceri

Hello everyone. As you can see, I am new to the Technicpack, well, not really since I have played Team-B with a YouTube Crew once, but I never joined the site until today. Anyways, I want to know how to make a server using Hexxit so my friends, my boyfriend, and me can play together. It would not be a problem to open up my singleplayer world to them if they were here close by, but both eddmos, my boyfriend, and BAZZCH, his friend who is now a friend of mine, live in Britain, thetrueazure (TTA), a friend of eddmos' and mine from a website we met on, lives in the Midwest of the US, and I live on the east coast in the US, so doing that is not really going to do anything for us, so I need a server for me and my crew. If anyone will help us, that would be wonderful and I will even say your username through the whole first episode of our Hexxit series to give you credit.

Word of advice: running a server and a client off the same computer can put some strain on the hardware.  I recommend at least 8GB of RAM on any computer you're trying that on.  Hexxit in particular is kind of hard on the memory, since it's using an older version of MC without all the optimizations that the newer ones have.  Thankfully, it's kind of a small pack, relatively speaking.